9.Process

"What should I wear?" I asked Ava as she was sorting the dresses according to the colours. They were basically day dresses with fun pastel colours and then there were the night ones in dark colours.
"Well highness, since the Alphas are coming in the day time for recreation I guess you should go with a blue or pink pastel dress that you have here and for the evening meeting and your crowning I guess you should wear the black one or the burgundy one."
She stated.
"Yeah. Let's wear the blue one then." I smiled.
I wore the pastel blue A-line wrap dress with a deep neckline. It went till my knees. The sleeves went to the wrists and were like those puffed up sleeves but the fabric was much more loose and thin. I wore an elegant neck piece with matching studs and wore a pair of white block heels. I middle parted and curled my hair a bit to give that beachy look to it. Ava was generous enough to give a fresh makeup look to my face with neutral colours. I thanked her and went out with her to meet my dad. She wore a fitted formal dress in mint colour with short sleeves and a farrel skirt. She looked cute with her exposed forehead and hair tied in a neat ponytail. She was supposed to accompany me everywhere but I told her to enjoy the party and that I can take care of myself. I went down to look for my dad. He was sitting on the sofa, eyebrows knitted, concentrating on some files.
" Dad," I called out to him.
"Yes my princess-whoaaaaa you look so pretty!" He smiled widely and placed a small kiss on my forehead. I smiled back at him and went out to see how the preparations were going on. There were men and women running here and there, dressed in formal outfits, looking busy with the preparations. Then I saw someone I have been dying to meet since morning. There he was, Mr. Tease dressed in an all black formal shirt and fitted trousers. He looked expensive with a wrist watch and shiny shoes,hair neatly gelled into a slick hairstyle. He had his goggles on and was standing, talking to Bernard. He saw me staring at him. I looked elsewhere but he came near me in an instant.
"What are you doing here? " He asked.
"Where should I have been then?" I said but didn't even realise that I was being harsh on him.
"No, I just said. Are-are you angry about something?" He asked, removing his googles. He stared down at me with those grey orbs that made my heart flutter.
"No, it's just that I was a bit tensed." I said. He stepped forward and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and caressed my cheeks for a second.
"What's wrong?" He asked again.
"Dad said I might find a mate. I don't even know how mates are chosen and I don't know who actually is going to be my mate." I blurted out.
His jaw tensed and so did his eyes. He looked away for a moment and then looked back at me.
"Let's talk about it as we go about seeing the preparations?" He asked.
"Sure."
.
.
.
"Mates are chosen by the moon goddess. She is the one who made us warewolves. At the age of 18, warewolves recognise their partners who are called mates. There's a connection that is set up by the nature as soon as we see our mates. For some the connection establishes as soon as they lay their eyes on their mates. Some need to have sex or get marked by their mates, which is a bite on the junction of neck and shoulder, more like a hickey according to humans, to establish that connection. Usually the male marks it's female but an Alpha female too can sometimes mark its mate. A god given mate can be rejected only if they didn't have sex together. After the establishment of the connection, if one of them rejects the other, it leads to death of the both. Chosen mates are those who are chosen by someone. The connection can be established after sex. They aren't soulmates given by the goddess." Marce explained the mate theory to me as I licked on the ice cream cone he bought for me as it was getting too hot.
"Well I am 19 so why didn't I find a mate for me?" I asked.
" It's not like all warewolves find their mate at 18 years of age. It's actually the beginning of the mate finding process. Some find their mates at 18 some at 50. It doesn't mean that since you are 18 you will be getting your mate. You'll have to search for your mate. That's why Alpha Rage told you to be careful as you might find your mate among those royalties." Marce said, taking a sip from the canned drink.
"How will I know whether the person infront of me is my mate or not?"
"You'll feel like calling out 'mate' in front of that person and that person will also say the same word. It's a heart fluttering moment and you'll soon crave for sex with that person. Your wolf will approve of that person. Tell me you never felt like that?" He asked eyeing me. I shook my head," no."
"Okay. If you feel like that, don't you dare tell it to anyone. I should be the first person to know that you have found your mate. It's a matter of your safety." He warned. I nodded my head.
"You look pretty." He added but looked away in a swift move. My cheeks flushed. I smiled awkwardly but still manages to say it to him," you look handsome today."
"I always do." He said proudly.
"Narcissist." I hit him on his arm. He stood up.
"We need to go meet them. They have arrived."
"How did you know?" I asked as I gaped at him like a child who had just encountered a magic trick.
"It's the pack link. Your dad linked with my mind and told me to take you to him. You'll also get your mind linked with the pack today. It's a ceremony." He said and outstretched his hand for me to take. I slided my hand smoothly into his which made him look at my eyes. His eyes were again red but he looked at me with longing in his eyes.
"What's with thet eye colour?" I stepped forward to gaze at his eyes. He flinched and shook his head slightly. His eyes were back to normal.
"What was that?" I was concerned about his unnatural behaviour.
"Nothing. We need to go." He wrapped his fingers gently around mine and tugged at them to signal me to start walking with him. I was more than confused with his gestures.
"Greet them by smiling and shaking hands. Hug those Lunas and just nod at the younger heirs. I'll tell you who is who." He cut me out of my dream world with those words.
"Who are Lunas?" I asked. These relations were getting much more complicated.
"The female partner of an Alpha is called Luna. A luna can be of any rank, hence called Luna, like a queen. But those females with the Alpha rank are called Alpha female after they are mated. Like your mum was from the Alpha rank, it's like the she was the daughter of an Alpha, hence she was called Alpha female. Your dad is an Alpha now. His parents were originally Gammas but after reigning the throne, one becomes Alpha. Hence you are too an Alpha rank. If you decide not to rule and get mated than you'll be called Alpha female. But if you rule your pack then you'll be called an Alpha." He explained and by the time he had finished, we were already at the entrance of our castle.
"That's a lot to process." I pouted.
" Yeah but you'll have to. Now stand straight and look like you hold authority here. We are entering into the Pack house now." He hit me slightly at my back to straighten it and led me into the Pack house which was basically a big ballroom with tables and chairs. There were waiters everywhere. I felt Marce squeeze my hand slightly in assurance that I'll be fine. I breathed out a heavy breath and put on a smile on my face as I started meeting people one by one.