36. War

Crossing hundreds of wolves fighting with each other for the territory I looked around for my target. I recognised Zack who was in a killing spree, Star slicing several necks and dad pouncing on many. It was a full blown war - buildings set on arson, blood coating everything around and several severed heads layed on the ground, their eyes telling the stories of their death.

Maybe this is what hell looks like.

People from both the sides layed dead on the grounds of Cannibals and I was in search of that person who was behind this massacre. Lucas was hiding somewhere and I had to find him to end this war. I saw a trail of smoke coming from the building I had come out with the help of Darla so I wasted no time and hurried my steps towards the hall. The men from before were all busy at war so it was empty inside. I sneaked into the servant's room and slowly tried to open the door but it needed a card to open, the access card which I had lost in the turmoil back there. Having no other choice I started banging on the door. "Darla! Open the door! It's me." I kept on banging but there was no response so I stopped and put my ear on the door. There was murmuring and hushed talks going inside. I started banging again. " Darla! Please open the door. I have come to get you all out of this place. Come on!" I banged for I don't know how long when I heard the click of the door. Darla peeked through the small opening and asked in a trembled voice. "Wh-who are you?"
I pushed myself through the gap and all the servants stood up in defence. I still had the uniform on so they looked at me with fear as I was wearing the nametag of another.
"See I need you to get out of this place right now." I looked at those petrified faces who kept on scurrying to the end of the room. This is not going to be easy. I took a deep breath and stated.

" I am the reigning Alpha of Prestige Clan and we are at war, right now, with the pack of Cannibals. I give you chance to side with us and get out of this place before my pack members kill you. If you are still loyal to your Alpha I won't force you to join us. But as soon as I am out of this room I will no longer assure your life. The decision is yours." I threw the knife on the ground to make them believe that I was there to help. Giving them time to think I looked around for the access cards. In order to save Marie and those who are held captive for experiments I'll need an access card to open those damn gates.

"I'll need you to decide just now. Alpha Lucas or Alpha Rage!" I growled in frustration making them flinch at my voice. Darla started talking with the others in mumbles and then came up to me, still keeping a distance between us, she spoke. "We will go with you. Thank you for saving us." I nodded at them and opened the door but a thought struck and I closed it again in a frenzy.
"Wait! Is any of you wolves by any chance?" I looked around them and everyone stared back at me as if I had grown an another head. Slowly they started shaking their heads in a 'no' but the look of confusion was still intact. Darla spoke up ,"Miss we are humans. I don't understand what you are talking about. Wolves?" The people looked at each other in confusion and my blood ran cold for a second.
"Wait. So aren't y'all from those experiment halls? Where do y'all come from?" I asked.
"Experiment halls? We never heard of all that." A man who looked almost thirty laughed but when no one joined he immediately stopped.

"Miss we don't have any memories from our past lives. We just remember, walking everyday around this building, cleaning and cooking for the men who work here. We have never been allowed to leave this facility but me and Kyle, we work outside this building but never allowed to get pass the main gate." Darla said. "Are we in danger miss?" She looked at me with concern.
"Also we had no idea what you said before. We just don't want to be dead." The man from before spoke who I assumed was Kyle.

They have no idea about this half of the world. How come they never came across a wolf in their lives?
Fine I'll escort them out and then go find Marie. After that I can find what lies in this building, what has Lucas being hiding more from the world.