39. A 'short' Respite

"I'll get a coffee and a chocolate donut, thank you." I smiled at the waiter and handed him the menu before taking a sip of water. Ah this feels nice. I thought as I looked beyond the glass window, the sparkling lights of huge buildings setting an amazing view for me. The shining new skyscrapers, the busy roads, kids dancing on the streets, enjoying their youth and the teenage life , the kind I wished I had. I took a deep breath and smiled at the waiter who bought me my order. Taking a sip of the coffee I groaned slowly. This place's coffee hit the most on a cold winter night. I opened my bag to reveal an envelope. The crushed material was not a very fancy thing to open in a five star eatery but it was the dearest thing for me. I quickly got rid of the envelope to get my hands into the letter that was neatly folded and marked with a '10' in red ink. I opened the letter and smiled fondly.

" You know what month it is do you now?" I laughed and thought to myself, "What happened to 'Greetings Regina'." I further read the letter.
" You never send a reply but I know that you read it. Every year I send you one of these and give you the account of what's going on in the pack while waiting for your reply or atleast your return but I get none. Whatever now. *rolls eyes* can you come now? Aren't you done with your studies? Andrea is sulking everyday. She wants her future sister in law to be present at her wedding. You are coming I don't know. *Sulks* okay now for the news.

· Alpha Rage seems quite good now. Although he's turned a bit old but his happiness has made him more alive than before.
· Alpha female Stacy has regained some of her memories thanks to your dad's constant efforts and medication. You know, she asked for you just yesterday and we were all shocked that she finally remembers you. She had said ,"I haven't seen Fiona in years. How does she look?" Isn't it so amazing?
· Andrea just found out just last summer that Jude is her mate. Remeber how she was so sure that Zeiss was her mate? Actually he wasn't. It was just attraction between them and once Andrea shifted infront of Jude it was clear that they were mates! That's amazing. I was really worried about her. And as soon as they knew they were mates, damn they have been inseparable since then. Jude is also set to be throned the Alpha of Steric. Damn that kid has come so far you'll be surprised to see him now. He has bloomed into a perfect flower.
·I haven't found out my mate yet, *again* so I am thinking of looking for him now since it's quite old of me to just sit here and wait. I'll just find someone and get married. Thirties is a dangerous age you know.
·Marce is doing okay. I do find him zoning out some days but besides that he's fine. He haven't slept in the main building even after being appointed the Alpha. He says he'll shift there only when you'll come. *whose gonna tell him.*
· lastly, Happy birthday in advance. Finally you entered your Thirties. Now be a bit mature and come here. We all have been waiting a bit too long you know.

Yours, Gamma Star."
"Damn she's been fiesty these days." I shook my head and folded back the letter into my bag. Devouring the chocolate I made a phone call.
"Hi honey. When's your flight" Laila's voice boomer across the phone.
"Tomorrow eight in the morning. What are you doing? I hear some noises." There was bustling that was audible through the phone.
"Oh I am doing nothing. It's John actually. He's baking some cake for his favourite girl." She chuckled and so did I. Laila was seven months pregnant and the moment she had given the news I was at the top of my world. After finishing my studies at high school, which I had to reapply for cause of the constant breaks I took in between exams that they considered me failed. Now having gathered various degrees and getting a little job at one of the colleges I once attended, I am able to give a little treat to myself on my birthdays. A little coffee and a chocolate donut at a fancy restaurant was enough for me to feel happy. I was finally visiting Laila after she moved away into the countryside with John and happy would be an understatement.
"I'll call you tomorrow. He needs some help." Laila spoke cut the call. Sighing I enjoyed the view while sipping on the piping hot cup of coffee.
.
.
.
Surfing through the internet I wasted quite a time in the airport before boarding into my flight and reaching Laila's doorsteps after about 10 hours.
"Dang I am exhausted." I plopped down on the sofa and nose was welcomed with the soft chocolatey smell of hot chocolate.
"Freshen up ma'am your Hot choco will cool down." John peeped through the kitchen door and I rushed towards the bathroom and cleaned myself up before rushing back to the living room. John laughed at my silliness and came up with the hot chocolate and a small gift in his hand. "Here. Happy birthday." He ruffled my hair and I quickly opened the gift to reveal a small wolf inside a snow globe.
"How thoughtful." I fake smiled at him on which he replied. "It is. I'll give you a couple one when you'll come back with Marce." Our little pitter patter was interrupted by Laila's laugh as he hugged me and asked about my plans.
"I am going back. Andrea's getting married. Would you accompany?" I looked at them but they sighed.
"I wish I could but I don't wanna risk it , you know." She rubbed her belly unconsciously and I smiled, squatting down I put my ear to her belly and told.
"Don't worry kiddo Aunty will be back to play with you."
"When are you going?" Laila asked as she led me to my room.
"In a week. I miss them. It's been too long and I have had enough of me time." I sat down on the bed.
"Yeah ten years! If you haven't had left you might have had a kid of nine years by now or maybe two, three? I don't know! You and Marce were hungry all the time it literally showed in your eyes." She layed down beside me and I joined, blushing at the memories of Marce and me.
"Gosh I miss him. That handsome bitch." I hid my face in my palms and Laila laughed out loud.

Prestige I am coming.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We are at the end of this story just the epilogue is left. One last time let's get together to witness our favourite couple!
Thank you everyone who made it to the end ♡.