32. Past memories

"Are you kidding me?" Marce pushed the boy, " is this supposed to be a joke? He's the fucking Beta of our pack. He can't just disappear like that!" Marce growled making me shiver for a slight second.
"I.... I am not lying Gamma. Beta Zack was taking Gamma Bently out of the pack hall towards the south borders. We were guarding the borders when we witnessed an explosion. Many of our warriors got injured at that moment but-but when the area got cleared we couldn't get a hint of either Gamma Bently or Beta Zack. We tried locating him but there was no trace of him left." The boy now sat on his knees, had his head hung low.

"But Beta Zack said-"
I held Mia's hand before she could complete her words. She was there to check on the departure of the Alphas. She had run up to us when that boy came all wounded to give us the news. I lightly shook my head towards her which made her stop in her tracks. It wasn't like I didn't think about what she wanted to say. I had the same question as hers but there stood Marce who was infuriated at the fact that Zack was missing. I didn't know what he was thinking or what he thought of his brother at this moment. He paced left and right, slamming his fist at the nearby tree. His jaw ticked and his eyes had a hint of yellow in them. I didn't know whether his anger was toward his brother not fulfilling his duties and disappearing or towards someone else who could have possibly kidnapped his brother. Maybe for him it's unacceptable that his brother could get kidnapped that easily. Or maybe he's worried about his family? I didn't know. I simply looked at his pacing figure.

"Marce calm down. Zack must be nearby... We'll find him." I called him but he wasn't listening and I just stared at his retreating body. He was running towards the medical department. I slowly loosened my grip around Mia's hand who hissed and started rubbing the sore spot. The place I hand held was now red and sore.
" I am sorry Mia. I didn't realise I was being too tight." I looked at her apologetically. She smiled and shook her head.

"Alpha Aloha, I think you should join dad at the eastern borders. " I turned to Alpha Aloha who had seated on a chair with a flashlight.
"No Fiona. I'll be fine here. Besides someone needs to be here to help the warriors. You should go check the south borders before anything else goes bad." He smiled at me and waved a hand gesturing me to go.
I returned his smile and sat in the car and told Mia to accompany me. She sat down beside me as I drove the car towards the southern borders. I could see the flames rising at the far distance. The bomb must have done a huge damage.
I quickly connected to the omega head of our pack with the mind link.

" send help to extinguish the fire that has been burning at the southern borders ASAP."
"Yes Alpha. A group has been sent. The injured has been shifted to the hospital."
"Any casualties?"
"No Alpha."
"Okay get to work."
"Yes Alpha."
I cut the mind link and sighed. Thank god no one died.

I looked towards Mia who had fastened a pair of gloves on her hands.

"I am sorry . It's that you see how Marce was infuriated. Your observations could have angered him even more."

" I am sorry Alpha. I should have been more careful. But the fact that Beta Zack went missing all of a sudden made me think if that's even possible? Like he's one of the most powerful Betas in the history of Prestige and he can't just get kidnapped like that. I have seen him fight. He's not someone would like to mess up with." Mia sighed. "I don't know this just feels so odd."

"That's what I am thinking. Whatever that boy told us doesn't seem to be real to me. Like how can Zack just get missing. Not until he deliberately went with Bently."

Mia looked at me with her eyes wide.
"Do you think that Alpha?"

"I am just trying to think of all possible ways." We sped our way to the borders.