13. Marce's Family

"What are you doing here?" Someone's voice made me flinch. What do I do? What shall I say? Oh this is so bad!
"Highness?" It was Ava who was passing by dad's office.
"Oh, Ava! How have you been?" I turned around and started talking nonsense in front of her.
"Huh? We just like met a few hours ago." She raised her right eyebrow at me.
"Really? Oh I just forgot about it. Hahahaha." I fake laughed which made her more suspicious.
"Don't tell me you were eavesdropping." She whispered, pointing towards the door.
"Ofcourse not! I came to meet my dad. But I think he has some guest." I waved my hand at her.
"Whatever." She shrugged and walked off .
I heaved a sigh. That was close.
I leaned back to hear a bit more but the door open with a loud bang and came out an elderly man in his 80s who had his eyebrows knitted.
"Dad, just listen to me." My dad yelled from behind him.
"There's nothing to listen to Rage. Get your act up. It's not going to happen how you are assuming." The old man yelled back at him.
"Who are you?" The man asked me, still with his eyebrows knitted.
"Oh! I am Fiona. Nice to meet you." I smiled at him which made his eyebrows dig deeper into his skin.
"Dad, she's Fiona, your granddaughter. Fiona, meet your grandfather, Alpha Bruce, your mum's father." My dad said as he came behind him to hold me.
"How have you been?" I asked as I eyed him with fondness.
"Excuse me." He said rudely and brushed off his way out of the castle, leaving me dumbfounded with his action. Why is my own grandfather treating me like this? Have I done something wrong?
"Does he hate me?" I turned to my dad, who sighed and held my hands.
"No darling, no one hates you. He's just a bit mad about your upbringing. He thinks you are not like other warewolves but don't worry, he even accepted me who was his daughter's lover." He chuckled and patted my back and led me inside his office. He made me sit down on the chair infront of his desk and offered a glass of water.
"I heard you started training with Marce? How was it?" He asked as he settled down in his own chair. I chugged down the glass of water.
"Yes dad. He's a great trainer." I said nodding at him.
"Indeed he is. How about the female warriors? Are they good to you?" He further asked.
"Yes dad. They are awesome! At first I thought I might become their rival but they treat me so well that I feel like I have got sisters in them." I smiled widely which made my dad smile.
"And how about the place? Do you like it?"
"Yes dad, it's awesome. I have neve been in such luxury before. My days were hard back then." I smiled.
"We are sorry you had to go through all those things. We simply didn't have choice. It was so evident that you would have died if we kept you here."
"It's okay Dad. I understand." I held his hands and patted them, smiling widely at him.
"You are a great daughter." He chuckled.
"And you are the best dad." I chuckled back at him.
After a few seconds, Marce came to the office in his formal clothes.
"Sit down." My dad ordered upon which he quickly sat down beside me.
" You seem all dressed up. Are you going somewhere?" My dad asked him.
"Yes Alpha. My sister is graduating today." He said.
"Fine."
"Can I go with you?" I asked Marce. I loved traveling and car rides. I get all excited about traveling and visiting places.
"It's a long way there." Marce said looking at my dad.
"It's fine Marce. Take her with you." Dad said, signing a cheque and handing it to him. "It's your expenses."
"Alpha, I have the money."
"Take it." Dad said, leaving no room for argument. Marce nodded and took the cheque.
"What about me? Am I going?" I asked , excitement engulfing me everytime I think of going somewhere.
"Yeah." Marce said.
I did a tiny fist bump and sat back on the chair.
"Why did you call us Alpha?" Marce asked.
"There are rises of new rogues these days. Group of stray wolves who don't have a pack. We need to make our pack borders stronger. There are already cases where these rogues kill and enter packs with weak borders. We need to alert all the guards and the warriors. It's getting dangerous specially when Fiona is here. She doesn't have any fighting experience let alone fighting those mad wolves." Dad said, reading articles from his files as his pair of glasses sat loosely on the bridge of his nose.
"I'll return in six hours. But till then I'll make sure our Beta takes care of the pack borders." Marce said in a serious tone.
"Yeah, tell Zack to strengthen the borders. Also hand him your training schedule for the time being." Dad said.
"Who's Zack?" I asked,confused with what was going on.
"He's our Beta. He actually takes care of the finances along with Bernard and you don't see him around as he is always busy with the Pack money affairs. You'll meet him today. Marce," dad turned to him," introduce Fiona to him."
Marce nodded.
"Also, take care of my daughter." Dad said with care in his eyes.
"Don't worry about that. She'll be safe." Marce said in a serious tone and marched out of the room with me tagging along. We came out of the castle and Marce led me to a smaller building and into another office. He knocked the door and a voice came out of the office.
"In!"
We entered the old style office with books and files overflowing from the shelves. There was the smell of old papers which filled the room along with the strong smell of coffee.
"Beta, Alpha has told me to pass some information to you." Marce said with his hands crossed over his legs.
"Yeah I got the news. Just give me the schedule and you can go." The man said with his eyes still fixed at a file .
"Sure but here's someone who you need to get introduced to." Marce said upon which the man removed the file from his face and scrunched his eyes at me for a second and then his eyes went wide.
"Alpha! It's great to have you here." He stood up and bowed deeply.
"Hello." I said smiled at him.
"I am your Beta, Zack Huxley." He smiled at me. He was tall like all other men here in the pack. He had thick, long platinum blonde hair which was tied up in a tiny low ponytail. His hairstyle was breathtaking and so were his eyes, blue just like mine but a shade or two lighter. He had thick  eyebrows and long lashes and just like Marce, he had a chiseled, cleaned shaved face with a few freckles on the cheeks.
"He's actually my twin." Marce said, almost in a whisper.
"Twin? But you don't look like twins." I said confusingly.
"Yeah, non identical. He's older." Marce said.
"You're going somewhere?" Zack asked.
" Andrea is getting graduated today. Don't worry I'll give her flowers on behalf of you." Marce said and walked off the room. I smiled once again and trotted my way behind Marce. He was now heading to the place where I was staying. I walked behind him and saw him standing outside my room.
"What?" I asked.
"Get inside and wear something, anything. Just get ready as fast as you can." He said and opened the door for me. I nodded and quickly got dressed in my blue skinny jeans and white shirt. I quickly rolled up the sleeves and then put on some makeup as I was already wearing some foundation and concealer, dabbing some cheek tint and put on my nude lipstick. I tied my hair in a sleek low ponytail and rushed back, wearing the black heels I had bought from the roadside supermarket that day when I first came here. I got a hold of my purse and dashed off to Marce's Porshe.
" You got your car back." I said sitting down on the front seat and clasping my watch on my wrist.
"Yeah. Let's go. It's already getting late." Marce said and started the car.