17. We need an interrogation

Zacks and Marce were done with their talk with my dad and I was now seated beside Marce. Zack had moved out to his office for some work and only four of us were left with dad.
" This is a serious problem. The rogues first attacked in a small number and then they showed off their force at midnight. This was probably their plan." My dad as he placed his chin on his fist at the table.
"It was their plan. No doubt in it, but they didn't know how to plan." Ava said huffing.
"Yes. They thought we were dumb to be asleep after what happened at the borders." Star smirked.
"And here's why we need to be more careful now. Rogues don't actually have their minds and they do just anything. It must be someone strong and witty to make plans to attack a pack that too a pack like us." Marce said, " but the one planning all this seems to be not that witty though."
"What should we do now?" I asked my dad who was sipping on his coffee with his eyebrows knitted.
"First of all, you did a great job of saving the ones who couldn't shift. All thanks to you, they are safe now. People have started loving you more after what you did." Dad said smiling at me.
"It was my duty." I smiled back at him.
"Now for the interrogation part, I would like Marce, Star and Fiona to go into the cell and ask some questions. Fiona will do the talking." Dad said as he passed a short file into my hands.
"These are some questions. It will help. Read them on your way." He said as we all stood up to leave.
"Ava, you go to Zack and help him with the funds." Dad ordered Ava who nodded and dashed off in a second.
We came out of the castle and Marce led the way to his jeep. Star was tagging along but was clearly uninterested in going.
"What happened?" I asked as she kept on staring somewhere.
"Ah, it's nothing." She lied. After a moment of pause she said, " Alpha I need to bring something from my room. Will you wait for me for a minute or so?" She asked with a bit of uneasiness in her words.
I nodded and gestured her to go which she did as she ran towards the way she was staring before. I huffed and turned to a smiling Marce.
"What?" I asked,cocking my eyebrows up.
"Nothing."
"Then what's with the smile?"
"It's just you make me feel happy."
"Why are you being all cheesy?" I rolled my eyes playfully at him. He chuckled lowly and came towards me, placing his hands on my hips he turned my body towards him and took me by surprise as he pecked my lips.
"I am not being cheesy darling. I just stated some facts." He rubbed my lower lip and stared at me with fondness.
"You know I have never been with someone this cheesy." I laughed at him.
"Did you ever have a boyfriend?" He asked, his hands now hooked at my lower back.
"Yeah, when I was 15, I had a boyfriend. We were just couple but never did anything like a couple. We were more like friends. And we never used to hang out cause I would always be busy with my job and studies. So he called it off after a year as he was 18 then so he wanted to focus on his college life and wanted someone who could make time for him and hang out with him. So we parted." I said, sighing at the memory.
"You did a job at the age of 15? What kind of a job did you do?" Marce asked, sweeping my bangs away from my face.
"The cafe I work in and also at a bar. Maybe you know about it."
"Yeah. The first time you shifted and stuff. I know. Even your dad knows about it. We were happy but also a bit stressed as you were around humans and it was dangerous both for you and the humans."
"Mhm. So the letter was placed by you?"
"Letter? What letter?" He asked with concern in his eyes.
"You don't know about that? There was a letter saying that someone will protect me and stuff like that. If it wasn't you then who was it?"
"I don't have any idea about it."
"Maybe dad had put that there without anyone knowing." I shrugged.
"Maybe yes." He said and smiled at me.
"You have a beautiful smile." I found myself saying that to him.
"No I don't. But thank you." He smiled widely making me laugh at his expressions. I stood on my tiptoes and pecked his lips lightly. He returned my gesture but kept on with it a bit longer.
"You make me feel happy." He said rubbing his thumb on my cheek.
"You too." I smiled at him. He then made me sit in the jeep and we waited for a few minutes until I saw Star running towards us with some bags in her hands.
She reached us in a few seconds, huffing and taking deep breaths.
"Sit down quickly please." Marce said, a bit sternly.
"Yes. Thank you for waiting." Star sat down with her bags and after a short period of riding, she opened up a bag and handed us rock candies.
"Have some." She chimmed.
"You went for these?" I pointed at those candies.
"Yes. I can't do without sweets." She pouted that made me laugh.
"Well thank you. I too love candies." I chuckled.
"Noted!" Marce said loudly which made me blush.
"She had been like this ever since I had met her." Marce chuckled and so did Star. Star was 22 and hence was younger than Marce.
"Yeah. Marce loves chocolate though. You can note that down. We used to share candies and chocolates with each other." She smiled.
"You seem quite close." I smiled at them.
"Yes, he was like an elder brother to me. Helped a lot with my training and just because I was limp in my initial years, he used to take care of me like a brother. I am greatful for that." She smiled at Marce who just kept on with the driving.
I turned to Marce and smiled at him. He was actually a good person. He treated everyone with so much care and love that I grew respect for him in my heart. He saw me smiling at him and winked at me.
I turned back to the front and chewed on the rock candy. The drive was silent and after fifteen minutes we reached our destination, a dark warehouse.