22.Sorting things out

Marce's POV.

I woke up with a heavy headache making me feel nauseous. The sunlight blinded my vision and I groaned as I tried to open my eyes. I somehow sat up, stretching my body I looked around. I was only in my shorts and there were a few blood spots on the bedsheets on the floor. My eyebrows knitted in confusion as I smelled Ava's blood on my bed. Wtf.
I ruffled through the bedsheets as I tried to figure out what was going on. I stood up from my bed, making my way towards the bathroom, I looked into my reflection, my body had nail scratches on it. What had happened with me? And why don't i remember anything? The headache reminded me that I was drunk yesterday. Ava and Bernard had set up a little dinner in their cottage and I was forced by Bernad to have dinner with them. Bernard had left for some work and I had drank a many too glasses of wine. I don't remember what happened after that. I was drunk. That's it. What was going on and why does I smell Ava's blood on me? I need to ask someone, Ava most specifically.
I washed myself up and cleaned my house, putting the sheets and my clothes in the washing machine and made my way to meet Fiona at first before meeting up with Ava. I was dying to see her. I don't know what happened yesterday but I remember I didn't meet her as she was gone with Andrea for a little relaxation time. I walked up to the Mansion she lived in and to my surprise not many people were out. Only the young warriors and their trainers were running around the pack ground. They stopped to bow at me and then moved on with their work. I made my way up to her room and knocked at the door.
"Who's that?"
"It's me ."
There was a moment's silence then the soft voice of the door unlocking made me smile widely.
She stood there in her bathrobe, her hair wet, water dripping on the marble floor.
"What is it?" She said bluntly, crossing her arms.
"Sorry? I-I just came to see you. We have to be off by 8. I hope you slept well." I said, not knowing why she was acting that way.
"Come in."
And she walked off to her walk in closet. I paused for a moment and then proceeded towards the couch. I waited for a couple of minutes for Fiona to return which she did, dressed in a pair of trackpants and sports crop top. She walked towards her dresser ignoring my existence and blow dried her hair and made a high ponytail and braided it.
I kept my mouth shut and watched her walk around the room to collect things. I realised her eyebags were visible and she looked tired.
"When did you return?" I asked after a long silence.
"Why do you care? You were enjoying your time with Ava don't you?" She said without turning, her voice had that cool yet it sounded fierce.
"We just had a bit of dinner. Bernard was there too."
"Oh really? Then why were you drunk in your bedroom?"
"I drank some wine. I was just too tired so I thought of relaxing with that wine. It tasted good. What's wrong Fiona?"
"Huh! Really?" She scoffed, a mocking smirk on her lips as she packed her Duffle bag.
"You know what? I'll be there at the pack borders in a few minutes. Go wait for me there." With that she left the room. I was just too stunned to act that I kept on sitting on the couch as if glued to the seat.
Why was she acting that way? Did I do something wrong? Or....is she jealous of Ava? Nope. That can't be true.....she isn't like that but what is wrong?
Sighing I made my way towards the jeep when I met with Zack.
"Hey!"
"Hi. When did you wake up?" He asked, his voice laced with concern.
"Just a couple hours ago. Why?"
"N-no it's nothing." He cleared his throat and was shifting from one foot to the other. He did that when he is nervous or is willing to say something but isn't able to say it.
"Zack? What's wrong?" I turned to face him. We were twins and we had the same height and almost the same physic but he looked older than me cause of his white hair.
He didn't look at me and bluntly said that it was nothing.
"You need to tell me. I'll know about it anyway." I said.
He ran his hand through his hair and sighed.
"Don't you remember anything from the last night?"
"No. I was asleep and thanks to I don't know who took me to my room."
"Well Ava did."
"Okay. I need to thank her then."
"What? She tried to break your mate bond! You want to thank her?"
"What are you saying?"
"She was obsessed over you! She went that far with her tactics to get a hold on you. You and Fiona literally would have died if she would have mated with you."
"What? And why would she do that? I thought she was happy about us ."
"Huh! Well she wasn't. She acted that way to get on your good side. For god's sake brother don't you have that sense?"
"I trusted her. I-I can't believe she did that. I smelled her blood in my room. I didn't know she was trying to do that!"
"Fiona saved you before she could do that. But she's broken. She saw Ava almost being intimate with you while you were drunk and unable to move. Ava had used drugs in your wine last night and you blindly drank that."
"Oh my god! Is she insane? Where is she? I'll kill her myself." My entire body was burning with anger. I trusted her and this is what she did? What the fuck was she thinking.
"Fiona declared her a rogue. She's no more a member of Prestige."
"What should I do now? Fiona seems to ignore me. It clearly wasn't my fault ! I don't know what to do."
"She isn't blaming you Marce. She is just upset about the entire thing. She was too shocked with the shits that just happened and she too trusted Ava. You've seen her being so friendly with Ava. It's hard for her. You need to gain her confidence. Maybe make her feel special. It's her judgement day. Make sure you don't do anything stupid that can lead to her failure." Zack patted my back and went off to his office while I took a minute to stabilize myself. All these things happened and I was merrily sleeping? Fuck.
I drove the jeep towards the pack boarders and waited for Fiona to hop in. After a few words with her dad she sat down, her black shades on.
"Let's go." She said in her calm voice but it made my spine shiver. I somehow dragged my eyes away from her as I started the engine.
.
.
.
"We'll reach by 11 and then we'll be staying there till midnight. We'll have to return by tomorrow morning."
I blankly stated the info I got to her upon which she just nodded her head. Her black shades refused to leave her face. Her arms were locked around her waist and her face never turned to me. It was already two hours of our ride but we didn't speak at all. I would try to talk to her but she just bluntly ignored me the entire time.
Another 10 minutes had passed... Still not talking with me.
Another 10 minutes...still nothing.
Another 10 minutes...ugh.
"Listen Fiona. I can't do this anymore." I burst out as I stopped the jeep in an instant.
She still ignored me.
"Please Fiona talk to me. I can't do this. It wasn't my fault and you know that. I myself wasn't aware of Ava's intentions. Don't do this to me please." I begged her with all my heart.
She led a heavy sigh and removed her dark shades to look at me with red eyes.
"You......You should have been careful." She stated coldly, almost shivering the shit out of me.
"I am sorry but I went there for Bernard. He said he wanted someone to have dinner with him cause he feels like his family is incomplete. I was just trying to be friendly. I wasn't expecting Ava to drug me. I am really sorry."
I held her hand with one of mine and pleaded with my eyes.
"I don't share things." She stated, her stern looking face not changing for even once.
"You won't have to. Trust me. I am all yours and no one can snatch me from you." I scooted closer to her and cupped her face with my palms.
"But you had no idea about Ava doing dirty with you. If I wouldn't have reached there, she would have taken hold of you." She said in a trembly voice. Tears threatened to fall down from her beautiful blue eyes.
"I am sorry I trusted her. I had no idea about her intentions. I really thought she was happy for us."
"And you are saying this won't happen again? How can you say that after whatever happened? What if someone else drug you and have sex with you? How will I live? Also I just got to know that if someone else has sex with my mate, both of us will be dying. Wow just great! And how are we going to save ourselves when there will be tones of girls falling for you, running to have a bond with you? How are you going to stay loyal to me?"
" I was always loyal with you Fiona."
"But those bunches of obsessed witches aren't giving a shit about your fucking loyalty!!!! They gonna drug you again just like Ava and you would happy eat or drink whatever they give you."
"I promise I won't."
"And how are you going to distinguish between those bitches and those who are actually good? You have a plan for that?"
"I-I umm."
"You know what? Forget it. It's nothing that you can do about it. You are going to drink all the wine and champagne and what not that girls will be giving you cause you just want to enjoy and help others out of their loneliness. Right? Huh!!!"
And then she opened the door and stepped out of the car and started walking away with heavy footsteps.
"Fiona! What are you doing?" I ran after her and held her hands.
"Let go of me." She started tugging her hand out of the grasp forcefully but I kept it tight.
"I promise this will never happen."
"How?? How are you going to do that??"
" I won't be drinking."
"Hah! As if." She rolled her eyes at me.
"I-I"
"Just let me go."
"I'll come out to the pack that you are my mate."
"And? Even Ava knew about it but she still did it."
" Then I'll tell everyone that I am going to marry you."
At this she started laughing like I have cracked the biggest joke of the century.
"What?"
"You're funny cause that's never gonna happen. Okay fine! Get me to my tournament now. " Her face was flushed red after that hearty laughter as she walked back to the jeep and sat down. Her lightened up face made my heart swell with love for her as I smiled like an idiot and trotted my way back to the driver's seat.
"I will marry you one day. You'll be all mine. Just wait and watch."
The engine roared into life again and we drove our way to our destination

-THE CANNIBALS PACK.