37. Titles

We proceeded towards our lands. The land that once belonged to Cannibals needed to be cleared and re-established for making it inhabitable. While moving out of the lands I looked around for Laila and she was wrapped in a blanket, Star holding her up as she walked up to me. She bowed and left without uttering a single word. I held onto Marce who looked like he was all calm down but I could feel the storm inside. Andrea had passed out due to exhaustion and Olivia carried her into the car. I was holding onto Marce like my life depended on it. Suddenly he turned to me and said. " Let me." He then opened the door of a car and made me sit in it. Without saying another word he shifted into his wolf and ran with the pack into the lands of Prestige. Everyone was exhausted and upon reaching the pack lands I quickly made the survivors and captives to get judgement.
"Those who want to seek shelter under Prestige may come to a side and those who still want to be loyal to their dead Alpha may step to the other."
Majority of the wolves seeked shelter and only a few stood their grounds with Cannibals. They were punished by setting them rogue and the humans that were rescued were send into a special care unit to examine for their fitness. Marie was among them too although dad kept on saying that she was my mom, I wanted full reports on what and why she was like that.
The injured were treated on but most of my wounds had healed by the time I reached my room. Collapsing down on the floor I looked down at my trembling hands. Who would have thought that a girl without a parent or a family member would be the cause of several deaths one day? Me? Not even in my wildest dreams!
What did you make me do?
"Just the right thing for this world." Sephatis' fresh voice made it to my ears.
"You were meant to do this one day, you were born for this day." He smiled at me and sat down to pat my head.
"How will I reflect on his massacre that happened through my hands?" I lifted them up to him, tears falling again. He simply shook his head and whispered. "There's nothing to reflect on." He patted my head, "this was meant to be done by your hands. The castle build on evil cannot persist forever right?" He wiped my tears away. Behind my mind Aziza growled lowly in approval.
I sighed and leaned my head on the chair, taking in deep breaths I finally closed my eyes.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A knocking at my door took me by suprise. Who would it be this early? Pulling the shirt on I opened the door to see Star in her casuals, her hair braided into an intricate design. She bowed her head and took an overall of me. I stepped out of the way to let her come in and the first thing she said,"Where do you think you are going?" She crossed her arms, rather pissed at my early morning attire.
"Wow you really drop all formalities once you are in my room." I smiled at her.
"This is not what I think is it?" Her eyebrows knitted together.
"It exactly is what you are thinking Star." I pulled my hair into a low bun and wore my coat.
"An Alpha should not go to a traitor's funeral." Her words stung my ears like acid. I turned to her and forced a smile.
"A person should be present for it's partner through thick and thin." I calmly stated.
"You're the reigning Alpha of this pack before being Marce's mate." She hissed and threw her hands in air, " come on Fiona don't you think this will give a wrong impression to the world? What will the pack people think?" Her eyes narrowed in anger. I sighed and held her shoulders, making her look at me. "I'll come back before anyone gets a hint. As the reigning Alpha and the mate of Marce, I have dual responsibilities to handle and this very moment of time requires me to do the duties of being a mate first. Please Star, if you won't understand who would?" I took her hands in mine and pleaded.
"Fine just get back as quick as possible." She sighed. I smiled at her and started putting my shoes on.
"How's dad doing?" I asked and she came up to me to help with the laces.
"He's fine, but he is desperate to know about her......and we all are as well." She said.
"And what about Marie? Is she.....is she doing.....fine?" I didn't meet her eyes when she held my hands in hers.
"You should call her mom." She whispered.
"I know....I know, but I am not able to see her.....it hurts me to look at her face, Star." I whimpered and hid my face in my palms. Star stood up and hugged me .
"You will be able to do that soon, I believe in you." She patted my back soothingly.