14. Confession

"We are here." Marce said while removing his seat belt. It was an hour ride and I was already exhausted but the surrounding area refreshed my mind. I jumped out of the car and turned around to see the place. It was a very beautiful place with a beach at a distance. The school was magnificent and looked very beautiful.
"Wow!" I exclaimed loudly," it's magnificent!"
"Yeah it is. It's a hostel. Andrea stayed here for six years and finally she graduated today." Marce said smiling at me. His smile, it made me drool over him all over again. He had that twinkle in his eyes everytime he smiles, a tiny dimple would show up on his right cheek making his face light up with happiness. It was a hearty smile, his teeth showing and his eyes squinting a bit.
I cleared my throat and looked away as I was staring at him like a lunatic. He chuckled and came around to hold me by my waist. Everytime he touches me, I feel sparks erupting through my whole body and this has increased with time. With each time the sparks get stronger and more prominent that I have started getting goosebumps by his mere touch.
"You look pretty." He whispered in his husky voice and I see a shade of red in his eyes.
"You always say that, even when I have just woke up from my sleep." I said back which made him chuckle again.
"Cause you are." He said and gently pecked my cheeks. My face turned red and hot, my eyes widening and my breath hitched. He smiled and made me walk towards the large entrance that had "MOON ACADEMY OF WAREWOLVES" written in bold letters. I turned my face away from his and started walking as he held my hand and led the way. The place looked beautiful with those tiny flower beds and trees surrounding the entire place. There was a stage prepared and decorated with flowers. There were photo booths with all sorts of items to take pictures with. I saw some teenagers taking pictures and laughing with each other. It kind of made me sad as I didn't have many friends. The classmates were mean to me since day one and I too scared them off as they tried to bully me. Laila was no longer in highschool and her college friends were weird. Dave, my benchmate only talked to me when he didn't have a partner to talk. And my alcohol buddies are now my seniors as I had to take a year back. They left for their life and we seldom met with each other. I never enjoyed my life like those teenagers who were care free and lively. I had days when I couldn't eat cause I had no money.
I heaved a sigh. Marce turned to me and asked if I was okay. I nodded my head at him. He took me to an empty seat and made me sit there.
"I'll get you a drink." He said and walked off to the juice counter. I saw him walking away from me in his suit. He looked so handsome walking there with authority. People around greeted him warmly. This made me smile. I always wanted a boyfriend but I never had the courage to ask someone out. There was a guy named Steve. We were neighbours. It was when I used to live with my parents. He was older, maybe four years older and he tried to get me in his bed. I remember I screamed and ran off to a bus stop where I stayed for a few hours until an old man found me and took me to my home. I never told about it to anyone but Steve soon lost interest in me seeing that I was too young for him.
But seeing how Marce cared for me and how his touch makes me melt in his arms, I feel like I want him to be something more to me. But there's a small voice which says that maybe he just cares because I am his future Alpha. How can someone fall in love so easily? It's only been a month since I met him.
I shook my head and took heavy breaths. My head starts to hurt when I think about my past. There was nothing good that happened to me and this was lot better.
I saw a girl in a blue knee length dress approaching me with a frown on her face. She came up to me and said.
"Sorry, but this seat is for my family. I hope you don't mind me telling you this." She said with a fake smile on her face.
" I am so sorry. I didn't know about it." I said standing up from the seat just then Marce came up with a can of cola. He handed me the can and smiled at the girl.
"Andrea, how have you been?" He asked with fondness in his eyes.
"I am fine. Where's Zack? " She asked as she hugged him tightly.
"He's at work. Atleast one has to stay for the Pack's safety."
"Family has no importance in front of pack." She mumbled.
"The pack is our family as well." Marce said back.
"Who's she?" Andrea asked him gesturing towards me.
"She's the future Alpha." Marce said calmly.
"Shit! I am so sorry for my behavior. I thought you were his girlfriend and I always wanted to be rude to his girlfriend. I am so sorry." She bowed down and rubbed her hand to forgive her.
"I-it's okay!" I chuckled.
"I am so so sorry for my behaviour." She whined.
"It's fine." I assured her by squeezing her shoulder a bit. She smiled widely and dashed off towards the benches where the other students sat.
"She's pretty." I said which made Marce smile.
"But why does she want to be rude to your girlfriend?" I asked.
"Cause my ex was rude to her as my sister is very sweet with new people. My ex just took advantage of her sweet nature. So she wants to be rude to my girlfriend so she doesn't get the chance to humiliate her. She's childish." Marce said shrugging his shoulders and sat down beside me.
He had an Ex.
"I shouldn't be asking you this but still I am. Who was your ex? What happened to her?" Asking someone about their personal life is not what I'd usually do but I was being bold today.
" She found her mate and went away with him." He said, not reacting much as he stared straight towards the stage where the graduation ceremony had started.
"Oh. And what about you? Didn't you find your mate." I asked as curiosity took hold of me with every answer he gave.
"Maybe."
"What?" I said scrunching my face.
"Your cola is going to get warm now." He said and sipped on his can. I sighed and opened the can, chugging the entire thing in one go.
I stared in front of me. There was a cool breeze that calmed me down and I started enjoying the ceremony. Even I would have graduated by now but I came here and maybe I won't be able to graduate this year. Maybe I'll have to get a year back again. Ah! What a shame. How in hell am I going to get a job for me? I had no idea. I was just enjoying teenagers hugging and jumping as they graduated from high school. Marce clicked a few pictures of Andrea and was smiling widely. I smiled at the shear fondness in their eyes and it actually made my day. After the ceremony was over, Marce drove us to a restaurant. It looked more like a pizza joint . We booked a table for three and within fifteen minutes we were served our orders. We ordered some seafood Risotto with shrimps and scallops and also some fried chicken. We got some cool lemonade to finish our lunch and then we went for a troll near the beach. I went forward with my bare feet, my heels in my hands, casually walking on the cool wet sand, the water brushed my feet every now and then,making me relax. I was joined by Andrea shortly.
"Isn't it so good Alpha? I love the beach the most here. I usually come here when I am stressed out." She said as she spread her arms to feel the cool breeze.
"This is my first time on a beach." I mumbled, my eyes closed as I enjoyed the weather.
" Then we'll come her often to enjoy ourselves." She said.
"Sure." I smiled. She slowly retrieved back to the car and I was left alone for a few minutes. I felt a warm touch, brushing my fingers, the goosebumps erupting once again. I opened my eyes slowly and stared at those grey orbs of the most handsome man I have ever seen. He held my hand gently with his one hand and with his other he brushed my hair away from my face.
"I love your eyes." He said in a low voice.
"I was about to say that to you." I mumbled. He brought up my hand and brushed his lips on my knuckles, my breath hitched and my eyes went wide.
"You know, you are so beautiful. I wish I had met you before." He said, sighing he looked away from me towards the open sea. I tightened my hand around his arm and held him close. I was falling in love with him. This was so obvious that I was falling for him. His gestures made me feel loved like no one did. I am a girl who rarely got love and when someone truly loved me, I get attached to them.
"I think I am falling for you." I mumbled. I was being too bold today. I just couldn't keep fighting myself. If he doesn't like me, it would get cleared today.
"You sure? Maybe it's just attraction." He said, not looking into my eyes.
"Yes I am. I won't expect you to reciprocate my feelings. I told you cause I just couldn't keep it in anymore." I said and removed my hand from his arm.
He turned his face towards me, a small smile capturing his face. He lifted my chin with his finger and cupped my face gently.
" I will be glad to reciprocate your feelings but I want you to give some time to yourself. It's not just about your human self. You have a wolf to tame. I know she doesn't listen to you that often but it can cause revolt among you both if your wolf doesn't except me. It's not that easy to have a connection with someone if both of their wolves don't like each other. Give yourself time. Learn to tame your wolf and we'll see if your wolf likes mine when we'll shift in front of each other." He said calmly.
"Okay." I said smiling a bit. I didn't want him to feel like I am sad about it. But he's true. There's an another being inside me that too has authority. I hugged him tightly and mumbled into his chest.
"You know I like you. That's enough for me."
He patted my head and hugged me tight. I looked up and smiled which made him smile as well. He pecked my forehead and hugged me tightly. His red eyes came back once again and I found myself asking.
"Why do your eyes turn red everytime you touch me?" I asked as I walked barefoot on the cool sand, his hand in mine, our footsteps matching.
"I don't know." He said bluntly.
"Huh? What's with that answer? Why don't you know about it. You seem to know everything."
"Not everything." He mumbled. I left the topic then and there. It was sure that he was insincere with his answer but forcing someone won't get me my answer.
We walked for sometime and then we drove back towards the pack.
"Hello?" Marce picked up his phone as it was ringing continuously.
"What? Where? Where's Zack? And Alpha?" He sounded tense, his eyebrows digging deep.
"We are reaching in a few minutes. Yes, Alpha is safe with me. You take care of the pack." He said and kept the phone down.
"What happened?" Andrea and I asked together.
"The pack was being attacked by some rogues. Someone leaked the news that I was not in the pack. These rogues are such pain in ass." He gritted his teeth.
"Who would have leaked the news?" I asked as I had no idea who that was.
"I don't know." He said and put but the car in full gear. We reached the pack borders in next ten minutes and the scene was horrible.
There were fires, wolves and men alike laying injured on the ground. Omegas were taking them inside on stretchers.
"Holy shit!" I cursed louder, clutching my hair tight.
I saw Zack run towards us. He was terrified.
"Get inside the car!" He yelled. We quickly got inside and he too got inside the car. He had heavy breath and was exhausted. There were blood streaks on his hands and face.
"What happened?" Marce asked.
"We'll talk inside the pack house. Just drive inside as fast as you can." He said and made Marce get his car on ignition. We drove past some broken houses and in a few minutes we were seated inside the pack house with my dad on his chair, Zack getting his wounds treated by a female omega nurse.
"We need to find out who it was." My dad said in his low tone.