Chapter 17

*Nine Months Until the Interview* 

"Good morning, Ms. (y/l/n). How was your first night?" 

"Wonderful! Thank you so much!" You smiled, walking past the front desk. You charged towards the front door. Joe could be seen waiting on the other side. The automatic doors opened in front of you, allowing you to walk through. 

"Good morning! How was your night?" Joe asked, opening the back door for you. 

"It was great! I slept!" Joe chuckled, closing the door and walking around to the driver's side. Since it was just the script reading, you chose to go more on the casual side for your outfit that day. You had black skinny jeans on coupled with a white crop top and a light blue, floral kimono cardigan cover up. Your hair was curled and let loose around your shoulders and you did your makeup to give yourself a natural look. You felt like a total badass and it was the exact type of confidence you needed to get through the day. 

On the way to set, your phone buzzed. You looked to see that you had a text from Shayne. 

'You're going to kill it today. Go show them how amazing you are. ;)' 

You smiled, typing out a reply. 

'That's all I needed to hear.' 

'I'll be thinking of you. Good luck, sweetheart. 💕'

You couldn't believe how lucky you had gotten with Shayne. The man was your literal Prince Charming. Sweet, understanding, a great kisser... He was everything you needed to get through the next ten months. Things could get stressful with call-times and shooting schedules, but with Shayne... that all seemed to go away. You placed your phone on your lap and turned your attention out the window, admiring the sights of Boston. 

Eventually, you made it to set, Joe checking in with security before parking in the studio lot. "Here you are, ma'am." He informed, opening your car door again. His addressing of you made you roll your eyes.

"Joe, you don't have call me 'ma'am'. (Y/n) is fine." 

"I'll keep that in mind for next time... (y/n)." He flashed his brows at you, making you shake your head. You got out of the car, thanking Joe and looking up at the building you'll be meeting in. 

"(y/n)! There you are!" You looked beside you to see Daniel and your publicist, Jenny running up to you. "Welcome to your first movie!" Daniel smiled, bringing you into a hug. You squealed, jumping up and down a bit before moving to hug Jenny. 

"Are you excited?" Jenny asked, pulling back from the hug.

"Yes! And nervous! More nervous than excited." You babbled, chewing on your inner lip. 

"You're going to be fine! We'll be here with you the whole time." Daniel comforted, beginning to usher you into the building. 

"Bye, Joe!" You shouted over your shoulder, the man chuckling and waving behind you. 

The building looked like any standard office building when you entered. The receptionist sat against the wall behind the counter, typing away on her keyboard with your long, manicured nails. Daniel led the way. 

"Checking in for (y/l/n)." The woman peered up from behind her cat-rimmed glasses and checked each one of you out. Her eyes lingered for a moment, her blank expression remaining unchanged as she turned to type more. You rocked on your heels for a moment, the lady's coldness not helping your nerves. There was a beat of awkward tension that felt like an eternity before she spoke.

"Down the hall, the elevator's on your right, third floor up. Somebody should help you from there."

"Thank you very much." Daniel nodded, motioning for you to follow him.