Chapter 28 Come with me

"We're here. Now bring back (y/n)" Jeff demanded. Yama looked at him then the others in the room and sighed.

"It's not that simple, I already prepared everything but the only way to get her out of this is to go into her mind and find out where they're hiding (y/n)" Yama explained.

"Great, let's go" Jeff stated, dragging Yama towards the circle.

"I'm not coming, I have to stay here. I'll be watching so that I can bring you back" Yama stated, releasing himself from Jeff.

"Then how else are we supposed to know where we're going?" Liu asked.

"You'll figure it out" Yama huffed, "now let's get started" Yama pushed Jeff towards the circle and they quickly appeared in a village that had been destroyed previously.

"It's back" Zalgo spoke.

"What is this place?" Liu asked.

"It's where me and (y/n) grew up" Zalgo smiled.

"I thought she grew up in a foster family as an only child" Jeff questioned.

"Isn't it obvious that me and (y/n) are a different case? Anyways I wonder what day this is" Zalgo spoke, Zalgo looked around until he saw himself.

"What is it?" Liu asked.

"It's the day she died" Zalgo panicked. The village ensued in chaos and (y/n) was already dead before they could do anything.

"I didn't know she went through this" Liu frowned.

"You made a big mistake" Jeff stated.

"I was just trying to support my family, we were close to starving. And (y/n) needed medicine" Zalgo explained.

"You should have looked else where" Jeff spat. Their surroundings changed again, to show every instance that (y/n) had died. Until they had reached Jeff and Liu's time with her.

"Jeff why are you always out here?" I asked.

"It's quiet here" Jeff smiled.

"It's just the woods" I laughed.

"It's just peaceful to me" Jeff stated.

"Come here!" A guy yelled, charging at Jeff.

"Jeff!" I yelled, running in front of Jeff. I felt the knife go through my shoulder.

"(Y/n)!" Jeff yelled. Jeff looked at the guy with anger, Jeff tackled the guy and took his knife. Before Jeff could get revenge police officers showed up and took the stranger away. The police had to force Jeff away from (y/n), the police took Jeff home and Jeff begged his parents to take him to see her. They eventually agreed.

"Jeff?" Liu questioned.

"You were on a vacation with friends" Jeff stated, "and she didn't want to tell you"

"It's been hours we still don't know where she is" Zalgo yelled.

"Maybe because we aren't far enough yet" Liu stated. Their surroundings changed to when Jeff had confessed. (Y/n) was watching the scene play over and over.

"(Y/n)!" Jeff yelled.

"Jeff? Liu?" I spoke, "Zalgo?"

"Are you okay?" Liu asked.

"You shouldn't be here" I frowned.

"We came to bring you back" Zalgo stated.

"I can't" I spoke.

"Why not?" Jeff yelled.

"If I leave then-" I stopped.

"What do you think you're doing here!" She yelled.

"Run!" I pointed.

"You're coming with us!" Jeff yelled.

"I can't wherever I go she's watching!" I panicked.

"We can get you out" Zalgo spoke.

"Then what are you waiting for?" I yelled, I ran over to them and I was brought back into the real world.

"Looks like she's back" Yama stated.

"Good to be back" I sighed.

"You'll think that now but we still have to remove this demon. The pain will feel worse than dying" Yama stated.

"I will be human again? Thank god, I'm getting tired of these wings and scales, do you know how hard it is to bathe with scales?" I sighed.

"Okay? This is going to hurt" Yama warned, he started immediately and my whole body was filled with pain only slowly did everything revert to normal. Once everything was done I was overdone with exhaustion.

"Good morning sleepy head" Jeff smiled.

"Hey" I smiled.

"So about the other night" Jeff started.

"I-I feel the same way" I blushed. Jeff pulled me in for a kiss, short but sweet.

"Did I walk in on anything important?" Liu asked.

"No" I blurted.

"Kinda" Jeff corrected.

"(Y/n) we can't stay here for long" Liu stated.

"This is an operator only place" I stated, "and I'm no longer an operator"

"And you're still a wanted criminal" Liu added.

"I mean it's been fun and all but I think that it's time I sit out and me and Amber go somewhere else" I nodded.

"What about me?" Jeff asked.

"Wouldn't hurt you to kill somewhere else" I shrugged.

"I know a few operators in Europe who can help you" Yama nodded.

"What about your price?" Jeff asked.

"Actually turns out that the powers coming off of (y/n) was a lot more powerful than I thought. I think I'll be able to remove it from this demon and use it for myself" Yama nodded.

"Just don't abuse the power" I nodded.

"Do you need to do the same thing with Amber?" Liu asked.

"Amber technically was the demon king and his wife's child. Taking away her powers would be the same as killing her.

"Bye Liu, don't forget to come see me every once and awhile" I laughed.

"I'm sure I'll be seeing you soon" Liu smirked.

"Liu!" Jeff yelled.

"What?" I questioned, "it's not like we're going to get married, I don't like rushing into things"

"Yeah Liu" Jeff spoke.

"Time to go" I nodded.

"Keep her happy, for me" Liu smiled.

"That's a give in" Jeff smiled.

After we left we lived in Europe for a few years before getting engaged and married the next year. From that point on we lived a pretty normal life- well as much as it can be when you're married to a murderer.

Tada! After a few years- I think- this story finally has the ending it deserved, even if everything hasn't been wrapped up but I did my best, especially because I can't remember half of the things I wrote. Farewell Reader~Chan/Kun!