Chapter 4

Someone walks in front of my tent. "Clarke?" I recognize Octavia's voice.
"Yeah?" I reply groggily.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah. My head's aching, but it's not too bad."
She steps into my tent, laughing.
"You sound like shit." She sees me lying beneath my sleeping bag, looking up with tired eyes. "And you look like shit, too."
"Thanks."
She laughs again. "Well, I just thought I'd check up on you." She turns to leave, but I stop her.
"Wait."
She looks at me expectantly.
"Do you remember what happened last night? After we danced, what did we do?"
"Well, I don't know what you and Bell did. You snook off into the drop ship and weren't around for the rest of the night. Adam and I had a few more drinks and danced some more with everyone else. Then we went to bed. And I guess you did, too."
Suddenly, I feel cold. My head feels weird. I can't concentrate on what Octavia is saying, I just see her wave and leave.
What happened between me and Bellamy in the drop ship? Do I even want to know?
Questions and possibilities swarm around in my head, increasing the aching pain in it. I close my eyes.
It's not a big deal, Clarke. Nothing happened.
Then I realize something, and it comforts me.
If I don't remember last night, then Bellamy probably doesn't either. And he had more to drink than me, too.
I sigh gratefully. Hopefully when I leave my tent, everything will feel normal.