Chapter 18

Octavia sits with me in the dropship, explaining what happened after Bellamy went unconscious.
Apparently, I passed out seconds later. I assume it's from a mix of stress and, of course, the sharp metal sticking out of my arm.
Octavia and Murphy spent hours carrying both of us back to camp. Luckily, they didn't run into any grounders on their way back.
For a while, Octavia cries about Adam. She said she went back to get him, but he was already dead. There was never any hope for him, I think silently. The spear that had pierced his chest was the same kind as the one that had hit Bellamy, meaning it had poison on the tip. He was pretty much dead the moment it hit him. Bellamy was lucky it had hit him in the leg: if it had hit him where it had hit Adam, he wouldn't still be alive.
At the moment, he is lying - still unconscious - on a metal table. Octavia has lain a blanket on top of him. To my relief, there is no more foam coming out of his mouth. Turns out the antidote we had found in the grounder's coat was in fact an antidote- and it worked perfectly.
Bellamy hasn't lost too much blood yet: Right before I fainted, I had ripped part of his jacket off and wrapped it around his upper thigh, cutting off blood circulation in his leg.
Once we arrived back at camp, Murphy and Octavia laid me down in the dropship on a blanket and carefully pulled the arrow - which luckily wasn't poisonous - out of my arm, after disinfecting the gash it had made. They decided it best to leave the spear in Bellamy's leg and the arrow in his stomach until I was awake.
When I woke up after approximately two hours of being back at camp, there were many people crowded around me. Finn offered me water, Jasper gave me some nuts and Monty, Raven, Murphy and a few other kids just talked to me. They asked how I felt, if there was anything they could do, or if I thought Bellamy would live.
I told them yes, I felt good. No, there was nothing they should do to help me. And yes, I'm sure that Bellamy will live.

My friends were here for all of two minutes before I politely kicked them out. Only Finn, Raven, Octavia and Murphy stayed while I took care of Bellamy.
His last words were fresh in my mind as I disinfected his wound around the spear.
Clarke, I remember last night perfectly. I remember it all.
So he did remember. He remembered our evening on the roof of the dropship. He remembered calling me beautiful. He remembered our almost-kiss. And, of course, he remembered my rejection.
I try the best I can to clear my head, so I can focus better on getting the spear safely out of his leg.
Once I've finished dabbing Bellamy's thigh with disinfectant, I tell Octavia that it's time to pull out the spear.
"Do you... Do you need help?" She asks, trembling slightly.
"I think I should do this by myself," I tell her. "If this goes wrong..." My sentence trails off.
"What happens if it goes wrong?" She asks, fear in her shaky voice.
"Nothing. I mean, it won't go wrong," I say, more to myself than to her.
If this goes wrong, Bellamy could lose a lot more blood - too much blood.
A tear drips down Octavia's face, falling onto Bellamy's neck. She takes hold of his hand and brings it to her chest.
"Clarke, I know you're doing the best you can, but please be careful," she says quietly. "I can't lose him too."