10

The first day of the week welcomed every existence including sleepy Joohyun. Two hours of sleep made the bags under her eyes even bigger than before. But, she was Bae Joohyun anyway, gorgeous as always. Sooyoung called an hour ago at exactly 5 am telling her about another gang activity and they were assigned to investigate about it this morning.

"Let's see, having the next few exhausting weeks dealing with scumbags, fantastic."

She mumbled a few words before making her way to the bathroom. Somehow her work and her was the same as a love-hate relationship. At least, she made a living from it. Her feet were already busy since morning and later she would have a cramp from following her partner everywhere. Joohyun grabbed her coat, picked up a notebook, then left.

Outside, the sun had just risen. A distinct sound of birds chirping could be heard and the breeze was just perfect for a light morning jog. Few cars were quietly passing the street in front until a reckless car made a small drift barely crashing a fire hydrant.

"Pick up your pace grandma. News vans will crowd the place the moment you step in."

"Shut up you sexy dynamite."

"Did you just admit my nickname, dear lady aphrodite?"

"Fucking hit the gas before I change my mind."

Sooyoung lowered down the sunglasses hanging on her head while putting up a smirk. Joohyun could only lay back in fear after hearing the screeching tires. Inside the Mercedes were the loud pop music, the laughing maniac, and the scared to death grandma. In just five minutes maybe less, the both of them arrived at an abandoned warehouse.

"Looking hot there." The sexy dynamite said with a teasing tone.

Joohyun knew she was talking about the disheveled hair but she only scoffed. They stepped out only to see the polices arranging yellow lines along the border. The shorter was ready with her keen eyes in every angle.

"You know I need to teach you how-"

Sooyoung paused in her sentence earning a gaze from Joohyun. Her eyes were darted to something else behind the lines and Joohyun tried to point out where. Both of them froze at the horrible sight presented right in front of their eyes.

"I thought it was only a 'take a peek on a gang' case, not a fucking assassination."