27

"Jongdae used to steal and pickpocket in his teenage days, got caught vandalizing too a few times. The worst one was bullying adults to get money with his gang. After being released from prison, that was when he got involved in a murder case that killed both of his parents. Details were not given but he was proven innocent. He then live with his friends, they supposed. Now, he lives in a penthouse, wait, used to live, that's more like it."

Currently on the way back, Yerim spilled the information they got through call. "Chan already got the address if you're wondering." The line cut off. Chen was a famous singer with no bad records, no one knew about his childhood except for his told friends. Even no one had a clue who these 'friends' were. It was as if Jongdae disappeared into thin air, and a whole new person named Chen was born.

Something is definitely off.

Apparently, Seulgi was already inside the building, currently being questioned by Seungwan. Joohyun took a short stop to watch them from outside with a window panel that divided the chambers. "So, Kang Seulgi, are you with Jongin all the time after the concert ended?" She nodded slowly. Her posture was a little stiff from the amount of nervousness rising. Her eyes wandered around aimlessly.

"Can you give me the details?"

Seungwan prepared her hand to write Seulgi's statement down, matching it with Jongin later on since there had been a few moments where CCTVs couldn't capture the scene. The dancer's hands traveled around her pockets in search of her yellow post-it. The result was zero, she then remembered burying it inside her bag which was left outside.

Droplets of sweat was seen flowing down her forehead as the detective's gaze penetrated deeper into her. Her fingers tied up together when she felt Seungwan's patient was running out. "If you're not speaking up, we're gonna have to insert your name in the suspect list." Seulgi signed a few things in rush, but of course the other wouldn't understand.

Joohyun observed the one-sided bickering, it was rather amusing. She swung the door open and sent a flying hand to Seungwan's nape. "What?! I'll be paralyzed soon if you keep abusing me." The bunny clicked her tongue, "You dimwit, she's mute." Joohyun lent the paper and pen above the table, sliding it to Seulgi.

"Take your time." Joohyun softly messed the bear's hair. Seulgi grinned showing her neatly lined teeth while Seungwan stayed frozen in her place. Her boss craned her head facing her, she suddenly felt small. Getting the signal that she should apologize, Seungwan mused, "I apologize for my rude behavior."

Geez, what a protective girlfriend.