38

"....so a group chat consisting these people? Junmyeon, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Minseok himself." Joohyun talked under her breath, scanning the fresh report. They had been able to find the number's owner from Minseok's phone, yet their whereabouts remained unknown since the numbers were deactivated.

"I've checked their backgrounds and everything seems normal except for the fact they live together along with Jongin. Sooyoung and Taeyong already went there but again nothing suspicious was found."

"Good job, try anything to find these people."

She returned the paper to Chan and traveled next door, which happened to be Seulgi's room. Her feet somehow felt heavy as she dragged them across the familiar hallway. She looked through the one-sided glass, her heart ached at the sight – Seulgi had fallen asleep with her body laying down on the cold floor.

At last, Joohyun turned the doorknob and slowly pushed open the creaking door. It didn't need long until she sat down beside her. Her pupils darted to the tear stains on those puffy cheeks, she felt bad for leaving in the first place. "Seulgi-ah wake up." She gently shook the bear causing Seulgi's eyelids to flutter open.

Noticing another person was with her, Seulgi jerked back up into a sitting position. Her hands moved to rub off the running nose which Joohyun found adorable. But Seulgi had another concern in her head. 'What time is it?' She signed by pointing to an imaginary watch on her wrist. Joohyun who got the signal checked her phone and replied, "05.57 pm, why?"

Seulgi was supposed to feed the kids and watch over them since Sunmi unnie would be absent this night. She couldn't leave them starving until tomorrow, or maybe she could be in jail for the next 10 years without meeting them. No, no, that would be bad. She didn't want to see the kids when they were already in college, moreover watching them have a boyfriend or girlfriend, that would all be too late.

Joohyun ended up reading what the other had to say and forgot the topic they needed to talk over. It was pretty much a fun time between them in this situation, managing to lift up the gloomy mood. Perhaps having each other is the reason why, they were just blind.

A few delightful minutes went by, they ran out of things to talk about. Their position brought a comfortable feeling to both of them – Seulgi's head on the other's shoulder. Joohyun took out her phone and searched for a particular contact. "Yerim-ah, where are you?"

"I'm about to take the bus, what's up?"

"Don't bother coming. Buy some takeouts and go to the orphanage beside my apartment." Seulgi's face lighted up. "How many?" Joohyun craned her head and waited for Seulgi's answer. Counting her fingers, she made a twelve sign with them.

"Twelve. I'll return your money."

"Damn. Alright, I'm changing route. Bye!"

Seconds after the line cut off, another call ringed her phone.

"You piece of-, Seungwan! What the hell!" Joohyun clearly sounded pissed.

"Just informing Arin went missing. Sooyoung, Taeyong, and I are searching for her. Don't worry we'll find her before you smack our butts bye-"

Joohyun stared at her phone screen in disbelief. She sent Seungwan to the hospital in order to check on Arin after the incident with Seulgi just to hear all this. Perfect.

She thought this was the worst that could happen and boy was she wrong. The door slammed open, a panicked officer came in panting on his knee. Joohyun knew where this was going and she didn't like a tiny bit of it. Letting out a rough sigh, she questioned him, "What now?"

"Minseok escaped."

"Fuck!"