34

"Fucking asshole! Fucking get back here before I avada kedavra you to Minnesota!"

With a broken leg and a dislocated shoulder, her left body should be all numb, not to mention the blood dripping from her head, but Arin stood up to chase the car that just ran over her as if nothing happened. The empty street made her looked like a mad girl on loose. Yerim sprinted to her, holding her shoulders tight with teary eyes.

"AW- Shit, it hurts!"

Without any notice, Arin collapsed to the ground, painting the gray asphalt dark red. "I'm s-sorry, I shouldn't h-have ordered that milk." Her knees hit the ground, trembling hands supporting her head. Joohyun already had 911 on speed dial. Although her mouth was busy telling their address, she couldn't take her eyes off the three men hiding in the alley.

Once their eyes met, they suddenly scrammed out avoiding the demon's glare, going back deeper inside. Chasing them would be another story, for now, the helpless girl would be her main priority. Arin could hold an important role in the investigation or maybe open up another case. Either way both of the choices had the same purpose of making the city a safer place from scumbags.

Ambulance arrived with piercing sirenes minutes after. As they lifted the poor girl up, Joohyun cupped the younger's messed up face. "Listen, none of this is your fault. You didn't abduct her nor hit her with a car, so stand straight and stop blaming yourself or I'll crush your laptop." Yerim's sniffing stopped feeling a bit more at ease, but on one side she didn't want to let go of her precious laptop yet.

They boarded the vehicle and Joohyun began explaining to the staff, "She got into a shock at first, running after the car, but soon fainted. It hit her left side." Yerim stared remorsefully at Arin being treated with oxygen and machines, guilt still swallowing her.

Joohyun and Yerim waited patiently outside holding a box of chocolate milk in their respective hands. The older knew only milk could calm the kid down, at least put her to sleep just to lessen all the burden inside her. She placed Yerim's head on her shoulder and gently stroked it like what a loving mother would do.

Light snoring passed through Joohyun's ears every second which eventually became hours until a vibration disturbed her. An incoming call from Seungwan.

"What is it?"

The other line huffed a long sigh.

"We found another body."