33

"Her last location was behind Sally Bakery."

Joohyun thanked Chan for the short report and hung the call. She asked Seulgi a favor to drive her there so here they were, clicking on their helmet, ready to race around the city. The twenty minutes ride flew by as they saw Yerim and Seungwan munching on croissants ahead of them. Joohyun got down and tried to unbuckle her helmet but seemed to be struggling.

Seulgi caught on and stepped her feet on the ground. Softly, her long fingers reached out to help the bunny, hands brushing each other. The two bystanders were like watching a theatre before their eyes, silently throwing giggles. From the corner of Joohyun's orbs, she gave a warning stare, though she too was feeling something when the gap suddenly got closer, the bear was too focused on settling the rusty thing.

Joohyun couldn't contain her red face anymore, she pushed Seulgi backward in a rush. The latter was startled for a second but continue in waving to the others. "Thanks for driving me here Seul." With that, Seulgi hopped back to her dear Scoopy. Before wearing her helmet, Joohyun didn't forget to ruffle her hair as usual.

Seulgi's cheekbones went up in a flash. She wrote a small note and stuck it to Joohyun's palm before leaving the three.

'Seul? I like that. Good luck for today Hyun.'

Seungwan and Yerim scooched closer to their leader, squealing like kids. Having enough of more teasing, Joohyun squirmed her way out, shoving the paper inside her pocket. "Where's the camera?" She cut them off. Yerim's expression changed back to a worried one before lending the camera on her grip.

Joohyun examined the pictures inside one by one. The latest one showed a back view of men talking on a small alleyway. If you didn't look closely, it would seem like a normal rebellious teenager activities. But after a second glimpse, a helpless man was seen laying down surrounded by them.

Her thumb pressed a button to reveal the next photo. They were now dragging him further away. She zoomed in a little more until she could assume he was a dead man, ready to be ditched around somewhere. What gave her chills was the next picture, one of them turned his head, eyes staring straight into the lens. And that was the last one.

"They probably caught her spying and took her." Seungwan blabbered ignorantly making Yerim pinched her arm. "So she ran until here then poof. Seungwan, go ask for the CCTV recording behind the bakery and give it to Chan. Yerim will be with me to search this place since she's familiar with this environment."

Joohyun showed the time stamp from the pictures to Seungwan to save time. "Where's the lovey-dovey couple?" The question was meant for Sooyoung and Taeyong. "Investigating a man. Chan found a strange number that kept trying to contact Jongdae, but none of them was accepted. The owner's name was Minseok if I'm correct."

Seungwan blasted back to their headquarter after answering. The two being left began their search on the area, see if they could track back Arin's traces. Afetr half an hour of scurrying around the parameter past, the afternoon heat was slowly getting to them. They stood on the sidewalk taking a short break, but Yerim was becoming more and more anxious.

"Unnie, should we-"

BLAM!

Their shoulders tensed up at the loud thud coming from behind, followed by a screeching tire sound. Simultaneously turning back, they couldn't believe their eyes. In the middle of the street, an unmoving girl laid on the ground, thick red liquids flowing freely from her head painting the gray asphalt.

"ARINNN!!!"