29

About a week and more flew since the case first opened. Joohyun has been swallowing caffeine more than pure water. The most sleep time she got was probably three hours and the latter was grateful for that amount of time. Just like right now, she sat down on a bed slurping another sip of her coffee. It was Seulgi's bed.

Joohyun wanted to ask a few questions to this Ahn Yujin kid which happened to live under one roof with the bear. But at this kind of night, all the kids were in their respective dreamland. This was the first time she had a peek of Seulgi's artistic room. She watched the owner tidied her properties while stealing glances at the canvas hanging here and there.

Seulgi stood in front of the other with her hands full of paints and a half done artwork. Headsets were left dangling on her bare neck, over the cute light brown pajamas. What Joohyun noticed the most was the post-it stuck on her nose bridge, waiting to be read.

'Wanna join a night with me?'

Joohyun gave a small nod while giggling about Seulgi's appearance. Following the taller, she slightly dusted her favorite bunny shirt which was back in her possession, not forgetting to unroll the sweatpants she borrowed. The couple sat under the oak tree, relaxing their back on the thick trunk behind.

None of them started a conversation, enjoying the silence that engulfed them. Seulgi took off her headset and wore it on Joohyun afraid she might be bored. Joohyun got the message clearly and muttered a small thanks. "So does this complete your first favor?" The other stopped her hand movement and vigorously nod like a child.

Joohyun felt a boost of serotonin after that. To ease the tension between time, or just relieve her boredom, her right hand moved to mess Seulgi's hair a little. The bear didn't flinched nor turned, but Joohyun could still see the smile plastered there. The next thing she knew, she tilted her head until it landed on Seulgi's shoulder. Jamming quietly to the flow of music, Joohyun's orbs was capturing each of her graceful stroke, she was mesmerized.

"How did you end up here and why can't you talk? Not to be rude but I'm just wondering." The older broke the deafening silence out of curiosity. Her pupils darted to Seulgi who left her drawing for a while to write something. Observing it for a good minute, she realized it may take a moment.

Seulgi felt a sudden weight on her left, apparently aphrodite was snoring lightly. She stuffed her finished story into Joohyun's pants then positioned the finished canvas beside her, comparing them.

The original is way better.

Putting down her work, she then removed the lonely headset to make the goddess more comfortable. Slowly and surely she laid Joohyun's head on her lap and fixed the left out strands of hair. Looking at her face longer than normal people should have, Seulgi could hear her heart beating faster than usual. The urge to protect her was getting bigger and bigger every time their eyes met.

Joohyun turned her cold lonely nights into a warm journey.