22

The team was having troubles with the mission, as if everything just fired back. Things went sidetrack and motorcycle guy wasn't anywhere to be found even with the help of techies, smart timing if they would say. Joohyun and Seungwan squirmed their way out, heading straight to backstage. The other pair split up to hunt the said guy who already blended in after informing backups that were scattered all over the place.

Upon entering the venue's backside in search of Jongdae, they bumped in with a pair of dancers. "Umm, hey Seulgi." The called girl was ecstatic in meeting Joohyun, though it was soon cut off when she caught her alarmed expression. "Where's...Chen?" She blurted out still panting. Seulgi elbowed the boy next to her, cueing him to answer.

"Oh, he's in his waiting room. Just turn right, take a left, and straight ahead."

"Thanks, we'll be going, Talk to you later Seulgi."

Joohyun moved her right hand to ruffle Seulgi's hair slightly. Feeling elated from the contact, she returned a soft smile, still couldn't take in the fact that Joohyun remembered the favor.

With that, Seungwan dragged Joohyun away from them, avoiding any distraction. "Your girlfriend won't go anywhere," she snorted out in the middle of her breath. Lowering their speed near the room, Joohyun got a chance to smack the back of her teammate's head earning a low grunt before barging in.

"Police detectives! Where's Chen?"

All pair of eyes were locked on them, some jolted back in surprise. Eventually, a stammering voice braced herself to speak, "He hasn't...he hasn't return from the bathroom." They wasted no time and fled from the place. Minutes after minutes flew with no news, two men escaped from their radar. Before being able to rest their legs, the banging sound of gunshots pierced their ears. Soon enough, statics noise from the attached earpiece came.

"Bravo team, we got men down, target spotted with Jongdae on east wing."

"Charlie team go evacuate, Delta 1 give Bravo cover, Delta 2 head straight to east wing. Someone call 911. We'll catch up in a flash."

Joohyun give a quick direction then raced with Seungwan. Reaching the wing, Sooyoung and Taeyong already joined Delta 2, searching every corner for Jongdae. "It has been 10 minutes, we're giving him too much time." The boy reminded. This time, luck was totally not siding them.

"Chen's in the utility room- he's dead."

Joohyun held back herself from bursting out in front of her teammates. From her eye side, an all-black shadow calmly walked across the hallway, lowering his cap. Flabbergasted, she chased after him with the others still not grasping the situation.