54

Seulgi stood like a log, unable to do anything. "Give up Kai. Let's not make this messier." Joohyun readied her gun, not giving any sign of backing down, neither was Kai. "It has been a wild chasing game, why not add the fun and make it bloodier?" Kai snickered. Seulgi noticed, his second finger was slowly pressing in the trigger.

BANG! BANG!

Two shots were fired almost simultaneously. Seulgi barged in and shoved Joohyun away like that one accident on the exploding cafeteria. Kai grunted and kneed on one leg, fresh blood oozing from his right thigh, muttering a chain of curses. "Kang Seulgi! Stopped getting your nose on other's business, look at your shoulder!" Seulgi squinted her eyebrows, trying to suppress the pain being emitted by the bullet inside her left shoulder.

Jongin stepped out of the captain's place worriedly after seeing his brother's state. Seulgi saw this and she wasn't going to give an opening for them to pass the rough sea. She pushed herself away from Joohyun's shocked body and rammed into Jongin, bumping to the far edge of the boat. Joohyun faced back to Kai then to her sprawled gun. She had to take the first move and end this once in for all.

Before Kai got on his feet again, she landed a swift strong kick to his wrist, disarming the boy. His weapon sunk down on the dark water. Kai wasn't having any of this, he was trying to snatch away Joohyun's gun on her hand causing a fistfight to break between them. On the back, Seulgi pinned Jongin down, eyes brimming with tears, tears of betrayal after remembering all the times they spent dancing, eating, and playing together. Was it all a lie?

Jongin softened at her gaze, he was never the cold-hearted man, it was always Kai. As if on cue, he opened his mouth, "I'm sorry Seulgi, I swear I genuinely enjoy every single moment I had with you. I was having the time of my life dancing with you and the others. But life's a bitch, okay? I can't just cut ties with my dirty life and brother. We are bonded by blood, I have to stick with him."

Seulgi knew this was coming yet it was still overwhelming for her to receive all these misfortunes being thrown to her from every side. Her tears dropped along with her bleeding shoulder. Jongin sighed in defeat as he watched his brother losing the battle, he had the idea that everything was failing since the beginning. He let Seulgi tied him up with the safety rope to secure him.

Getting further and further away from land, the waves were showing their true form. The ride was a bumpy one, Joohyun and Kai were having a hard time maintaining balance as if the one who fell first loses the game. A limping leg wasn't the best condition to fight with, Joohyun swung her leg to his wounded one, successfully making him tripped down. She raised her gun to his face after a final punch and hovered above him in triumph.