26

Seungwan parked her car right in front of the studio. They fished out their identity card and easily got a pass in. Standing in front of the door, the sight of dancers pouring sweats when doing their passion was just plain attractive, especially when Joohyun eyes were locked to the bear. The pair waited until no music was heard and pushed the door open.

"Police detectives, can we take Jongin with us?"

Seungwan uttered the second she was inside. A tall boy strolled from behind them without notice almost stopping Joohyun's heart for a good minute. "Uh, that's me." Nonetheless, they made him face the wall with some force and advanced to handcuff him. "Kim Jongin you are arrested for the murder of Chen. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can be used against you in court. You have the right to talk to a lawyer before we ask you any questions."

The whole room was stunned at the action presented before their bare eyes. Seulgi being one of them had her mouth hanging all this time. Jongin wasn't really putting up a struggle, he just went with the flow when they brought him out. Joohyun flashed a grin to Seulgi then tailed behind Seungwan.

They immediately put him inside the interrogation room with Joohyun being the only one occupying it alongside the subject. Body leaning forward, hands clasped together on the desk, she showed her superior position first to him, making sure he got the message that she was the one in charge here. A dim light illuminating the gray shaded room helped set the mood up. Joohyun cleared her throat to began throwing questions.

"Why did you do it?"

"Did what?"

"Don't play dumb with me? Why did you kill Chen?"

She was a thousand percent sure it was the same voice as the one in the mannequin room, but a little unsure to match the one in Kyungsoo's house. Joohyun sternly repeated her question not breaking eye contact with him. "I seriously have no clue, because I didn't kill him." Jongin shrugged his shoulders. His smug face made Joohyun wanted to slap it, of course, no unless she desired more nagging.

"Then, mind explaining this?" She confidently lifted his right hand and spotted a rather unclear scar right below the back of his hand. Jongin widened his eyes in a joking manner while giggling to himself. "My friend's dog bit me when we were playing yesterday."

Joohyun's mind was still full of doubts hearing about his confession, but she couldn't make sure of her opinion either since there was nothing to be compared such as blood samples since there was no substances in his hand to prove if it was really a canine doing. "Besides, how can I do such a thing if I was with Seulgi all the time after the concert?"

"Are you sure you didn't left her side even for a second?"

"Go ask her."

Jongin relaxed his body backward crossing his arms. Meanwhile, Joohyun had left him to contact Seulgi. 'Hey Seulgi, can you come to the police department?' She pressed the send button and strode to Seungwan. "Please go check his statement, report the time they met and separated ways from CCTVs. Don't lose track."

"Are you jealous?"

Joohyun gave her a threatening glare and Seungwan fled away flapping her hands, walking wobbly in a teasing manner. The older could only shook her head, smiling.