16

Dinner passed by in a blink as they chatted around their daily life. In charge of the dishes today were the eleven years olds, Beomgyu, Jeongin, and Ryujin. The others decided on a movie night together. Seulgi thought of just going to her room and relaxed her mind by moving her brush. After a short two hours, she almost got another painting done.

Her room was full of her magnificent work of canvas hanging on the wall. She could easily opened her own gallery if she wished to. Stretching herself, she walked out to check on the pringles stock. Her eyes unconsciously found the clock, a quarter to midnight. Seulgi caught a few kids left on the sofa with their eyes closed and mouth agape.

First, she scooped Dongpyo and carried him to his shared room with Seongmin. Coming back, Semi already woke up with drowsy eyes dragging the sleeping Yeojin with her. "Night unnie." A yawn escape her mouth. Seulgi patted her head then continue taking care of the last. She lifted Yujin up with ease.

A small but audible mumbling could be heard from Yujin. The little girl must be having nightmares again. Finally, they reached her room and Seulgi laid her on her bed caressing her back slowly. 'Tap tap'. She jumped back in surprise, it was only Ryujin in the dark. "Don't worry unnie, I got this," she faintly whispered.

Ryujin climbed up Yujin's bed leaving the still stunned Seulgi on her place. She put her arms around the younger's body and snuggled closer. Yujin seemed to be breathing slower feeling the comfort from her roommate. Seulgi smiled proudly at the troublemaker being a lovable sister. Looked like her job was done there, she left them cuddling like little pandas.

A sudden wave of curiosity struck her, 'is Joohyun still awake?'

Peeking outside from the window, she found all the lights are off. That was so unlikely of Joohyun at this kind of time. Not satisfied enough, she began texting her. A few minutes passed and a 'ding' interrupted her late-night snack time. 'Still at work.'

Seulgi debated whether she should enjoy the night finishing her painting, or raced to the detective's workplace in order to offer the extra ticket. In the end, she closed her pringles can and put on her hoodie. Before leaving on her yellow Scoopy, she texted Sunmi unnie to let her know she went out.

Riding through the cold night, she kept visioning her meeting with Joohyun. Maybe, the urge to go there instead of laying down on the oak tree was for another purpose. Now she knew Joohyun was as valuable as the lone night she spent alone.

Skipping a night won't be so bad after all.