14

"Turn left or straight?!"

"Left left left! Faster!"

"Relax will ya."

Tailing the motorcycle was a wild ride, not to mention the bustling mess inside with all the screaming and curse words spitting out every second. Sooyoung stepped on the brake in a flash after noticing where the vehicle parked.

"You kidding? Kyungsoo's?" uttered Taeyong in disbelief.

"Seungwan and I will take the front, you two go to the back."

Rushing their pace, Seungwan kicked the unlocked front door. They raised their guns up until chest level while slowly checking every corner. Joohyun pushed the bedroom door with her free hand. A strong iron liked smell dominated the air. The floor was painted red, she knew it was fresh.

"He's dead."

Seconds after, rustling sounds were heard from the kitchen. He was wearing all black, from top to toes . Sooyoung catching the figure's sight was prepared to pull her trigger but a movement too late and he was on the lead. A smooth front kick sent the gun flying from her grasp. She dodged the second attack by lowering her body then used it as a barricade to push his body until he slammed to the wall.

The man struggled to get out of her grip. He made good use of his big posture to flip Sooyoung to the side and ran away to the window while he had the chance. Sooyoung was grunting as her back touched the floor. "Taeyong! Black guy with helmet outside."

The obedient boy sprinted outside. The said guy was already on his motorcycle ready to blast. Taeyong was late, his bullets missed the target which was nearly out of side along the road.

"Yerim, can you track him?"

"Sorry, I've lost him in the second crossroad."

Joohyun jogged a little to the boy. In a while she was immersed in her own thoughts with her eyes squinted. There were his footsteps and even she could perceive its unique pattern drawn on the moist ground. The scattered shapes – perhaps logo – portrayed within a land of abstract 'zig-zags' spoke itself. Fishing out her phone, she snapped a photo the sent it to Yerim.

"Techies, you know the drill," her strict aura returned.

Heading back inside, Seungwan was giving a hand to Sooyoung. Taeyong studied the attacking pattern. One thing was obvious, there was a struggle in both beings as the furnitures were a little trashed here and there and Kyungsoo's body was covered with a few bruises before the kitchen knive penetrated his heart. A smart and silent choice of weapon.

"C'mon, get your asses back to the base. Forensics got a lead from the warehouse."