52

"Unnie, my head feels dizzy."

Yujin snuggled more to Shuhua's embrace. The children were all slumped down, backs resting on the box scattered throughout the dimly lit warehouse. It's only been a while but their breaths were getting shallower and the light-headedness started to strike on them. "Keep your fabric on your nose, okay? We'll be fine," Jeno tried to convince the others.

Another few minutes passed, it was getting harder to maintain consciousness. "Hyung, what's that rumbling noise?" Seongmin tugged Hyunjin's shirt to earn his attention. The called boy focused harder to hear the vibration. Once the sound grew stronger, his eyes widened. "Everyone get away from the door!" They struggled to move their bodies but eventually made it far enough not to be hit by the debris. Their lungs relaxed at the fresh air coming inside.

"CHILDREN, WE'RE HERE!"

Yerim raced to the group followed by the loud ambulance siren. "Thank lord you're still breathing." Seconds later, paramedics rushed to their side and brought them to a safer place, free from all the carbon dioxide suffocation. "Chan, contact Joohyun unnie and tell them the kids are safe." He pressed on his earpiece to communicate but the distant sound of bullets being fired on their opposite caught him off guard.

(Other side)

"Open fire!"

The black sedan skidded to a halt after the road got too narrow for a car to pass through. Minseok was the first one to shoot a bullet, letting the others fled first. After a few fires, he managed to bust the front tires creating a catastrophe inside. "My Mercedes! Oh, he's paying for this!" Sooyoung ignored the shoutings demanding her not to get reckless but there was no stopping the dynamite.

Giving up, the rest followed her long steps to the chaotic game of tag. They parted ways, running to their own designated targets on the spacious labyrinth. Taeyong made good use of his athletic abilities and climbed up the blocks, earning a better view of Sehun's location whose also leaping from cargo to cargo like a skilled traceur. The chased man shot his gun to disturb Taeyong's movement.

Being too immersed in dodging the attacks, Taeyong ended up slowing his pace down and by the time he turned his gaze back, Sehun was nowhere to be seen. Jumping to another surface, he was running out of breath. Taeyong looked down and found Sooyoung hiding behind one of the compartments Sooyoung, avoiding Junmyeon's bullets and changing her empty magazine at the same time.

He hopped down almost scaring the living hell out of her. After placing his palm on her mouth to stop her from screaming her lungs out, the situation between them diverted to an awkward one. Sooyoung slapped his hand away and succumbed herself to the not so silent air filled with sirens and gunshots.

Taeyong, knowing well tonight might not come again tomorrow, blurted out his hopeless romantic line to break the stuffy air. "Sooyoung, I love you. Be my girlfriend please." That was it, he already understood that the girl may not see him the same way again but it was now or never.

Sooyoung was left completely flabbergasted, she needed to get herself out of this shit and chased after them with her fully loaded gun. This was no time to be cheesy under the moonlight.

"Sorry, I'm gay."

With that, she vanished from his side, leaving that sentence to linger in his ears. Taeyong snapped out of it realizing he had to set aside his shattering feeling and get back on his feet. He was holding Sooyoung's statement as a motivation to make it out alive today so he could scratch off that 'earning Sooyoung's heart' written in all caps off his bucket list.