56 (end)

A month passed. The orphanage had returned to its noisy state, full of laughter, whinings, and cries from the children. Seulgi was having a hard time controlling them, especially with her non-existent voice. She sure did miss Sunmi. "Are we going to visit Sunmi unnie today?" Little Yujin lifted her head in curiosity. Seulgi mouthed a no, the girl sulked. "She'll be lonely without us there."

Seulgi took out her reliable post-it and wrote Yujin a quick note. 'She's happy if we're happy." Yujin's puppy smile returned. The kid ran back towards the group playing legos, leaving Seulgi to prepare dinner alone. Minutes passed and she finished all the meals. With only a few claps, all of them came flooding into the dining table like hungry predators. It was a peaceful yet chaotic dinner, the perfect one for Seulgi's liking.

The clock almost dinged at midnight, half of them were already sprawled on the sofa asleep. She signaled Shuhua that she would go out for a while. "Got it, unnie! We'll be expecting good news." Seulgi giggled at it and just walked out, her feet entered the familiar apartment. She took the elevator nervously while writing a bunch of texts on her papers.

Once she was on the right floor, Seulgi knocked on the door, hands fidgeting giddily. The knob turned, showing Joohyun who was still on her work outfit. Seemed like she just got home. "Come in, Seul." Seulgi stepped in and made herself comfortable on Joohyun's bed edge as the older cleaned herself up. Coming back with more cozy clothes, she sat beside her.

"What brings you here tonight, aren't you going to miss your painting session?" They looked at the canvas hanging on Joohyun's wall, a portrait of herself sleeping under the backyard tree with Seulgi's sign on the far bottom corner. Seulgi gave her written notes to Joohyun's hand. The bunny read it out loud.

"I still have one last favor and I thought well about it. I know it hasn't been that long since we've known each other and our encounters are full of surprises here and there but I've found happiness every time I'm with you. So my favor is, will you be my girlfriend, Hyun?"

They stare at each other fondly that night.

"Yes, Seul. I'll be your girlfriend."

End.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐧𝐲𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚 ✓ | ˢᵉᵘˡʳᵉⁿᵉ 🎉