Strike Two

"Pip..." Pippa heard a voice say.

"Hmmm," she groaned, waking up for her short sleep. She groggily opened her eyes, feeling the hangover hit her. She saw Renee standing over her.

"Wake up, everyone went home." Renee instructed.

"Ughh," Pippa sighed, finally sitting up. "How long did I sleep for?"

"Like two hours. It's six," she replied.

Pippa got off the bed, beginning to feel nauseous. 

"I feel like shit." She groaned. She caught a look at herself in the mirror. "And look like it too." 

She felt a familiar sensation and ran to the bathroom, falling on her knees and hurling into the toilet. Renee ran over to help, holding her hair in a makeshift ponytail as she got it all out.

"You done?" Renee asked.

"For now." she sighed. "Huh, maybe I did overdo the drinking just a bit."

"Same. I was in your position an hour ago. But I think it was worth it." Renee pointed out. "Last night was a blast."

"It was." Pippa agreed. "I haven't had that much fun in a long while."

Suddenly, she heard a banging at the door. She jumped in surprise. 

"Nae, you get it. I'm too exhausted." 

Renee made her way over to the door and opened it to see a distraught Lin on the other side.

"I- is Pippa here?" he asked, very out of breath. 

"Pip," she called. Pippa walked out of the bathroom and over to Lin and Renee.

"I'm gonna go. I'll see you guys later," Renee waved. 

"Bye Renee! Last night was so fun, thanks again." Pippa smiled as she shut the door. "What's wrong?" she asked Lin, as he sat down on the bed.

"Th-the mirror! And th-the blood and..." he stammered. 

"What?" she questioned, a concerned look grazing her face. His breaths became short and choppy as he tried to explain. She sat next to him and wrapped her arm over his shoulder. "Shhh, slow down Love."

He pulled out his phone and showed Pippa the picture he'd taken of the mirror. She took a moment to realize. Her heart rate increased and she felt suddenly cold. 

"I- is that your room?" she asked. 

He nodded.

"What does it mean, 'do you miss your friends?'"

"We never found Daveed." he explained. 

Pippa's eyes widened.

"So he was taken? Are you positive he didn't just wander off?" she asked.

"You saw me looking. And was like, blackout drunk. I doubt he left the hotel if at all. He was asleep." he told her.

"But who would..." she gasped. "It couldn't be."

"Pip, she's in jail." Lin denied. He wove his fingers through hers and squeezed her hand. 

"But you never know what she's capable of," she whispered as if someone were eavsdropping. "I never thought she'd try to murder me before, but, look where we are now."

"Pip, Jazzy's not gonna hurt us, okay? It's impossible. Everything is... is gonna be okay. Let's go home." he tried to assure her. But he was no less frightened than she was. Who's blood was on the mirror? What was going to happen if they didn't do something soon? What if something were to happen to Pippa? They were both terrified.

sorry this chap is short lol