A Letter

"Good morning, beautiful," Lin whispered, kissing Pippa on the forehead as she groggily fluttered opened her eyes.

"Hm..." she yawned, sitting up. 

"Sleep ok?" he asked, stroking her hair gently. She nodded, even though she'd only gotten a couple of hours in. It all felt like a dream. Everything was completely back to normal. No pregnancy, no fighting. 

"You?" she replied.

"I slept great." He grinned. "It's hard not to when you're there next to me."

"You're sweet." she giggled.

"And you're adorable." he chuckled, moving closer to her and lifting her chin, capturing her lips in his. Pippa felt a wave of serenity wash over her. She'd missed this. Just her and Lin. Nothing in the way. 

Pippa yawned through the kiss and Lin burst out laughing. 

"Was it that boring?" he teased.

"Not in the slightest." she bubbled. He laughed, his fingers tucking a few strands of hair that hung in front of her face behind her ear.

"Well I hope you aren't too tired- we've got two shows today!" he reminded her. She'd taken the previous day off.

"Right!" she beamed. 

Lin smiled, staring at her intently.

"What?" she snickered.

"What, what?" he replied.

"Why are you staring? Is there something in my teeth?" she asked, furrowing her brown.

"No, no. Sorry. You're just so..." he trailed.

"So what?" she teased.

"Beautiful." he smiled, gazing into her eyes. She felt her cheeks redden with flattery, giggling as she leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"Well, I'm gonna go make breakfast. I made some coffee if you need any." He stood up and began to exit the room.

"I love you." she sputtered out of nowhere, surprised at even her own words. Lin turned around, beaming.

"I love you too Pip. More than you'll ever know." he grinned. She blushed. Lin headed to the kitchen to make french toast when he spotted an envelope on the table. He raised an eyebrow. He hadn't taken a letter inside, and he doubted Pippa had as she'd overslept. Plus there was no address, no stamp, no nothing. All it said was "Lin" scrawled in pen. 

He swiftly picked it up and examined it as if it might explode at any second. He ripped it open and pulled out a folded letter.

Watch your back. I'm coming for you.

That was all it said. Lin felt his face grow pale. Perhaps someone was playing a trick on him. Pippa, maybe?

"Hey uhm, Pip?" he called into the other room. She emerged in her sweatshirt and plaid pajama pants. 

"Hm?" She replied through a yawn, pulling her disheveled hair into a bun.

"Did you happen to take in the mail sometime between last night and this morning?" he asked, gesturing to the letter in his hand.

"No, why? What's that?" she pondered.

He folded it back up and tossed it into the trash can next to him.

"Nothing." But he knew it wasn't nothing. It couldn't be Jazzy again. She was in jail. He didn't want to worry Pippa about it. He figured he'd just be extra cautious and it would work itself out.

"It doesn't seem like nothing..." she trailed, walking over to take the paper out of the trash. 

As she reached in Lin grabbed her wrist, restricting her. "Pip, don't."

She looked up at him, confused. "Why, Lin? It's obviously something important, otherwise, you wouldn't be so-"

"Trust me. It's nothing you need to s-"

Before he could finish, she wrangled out of his grasp and grabbed the paper, running to the other side of the room and unfolding it. Lin watched as her expression grew grim and dazed.

"Lin... who's this from?" she stammered as he made his way over to her.

"No idea." he shrugged.

"So, what, you're just gonna forget about it? Remember what happened last time? I don't think we want a repeat of that..." she reminded him, pacing back and forth with worry.

"Pip, stop." he insisted, resting a hand on her shoulder as she halted. "It's gonna be alright. It's probably just somehow playing a trick on us."

Pippa's eyes slowly widened. "H-how they get into our house?" she whispered, feeling a chill go down her spine from the realization.

"I don't know. We must've left the door unlocked or something. Don't worry. Breathe. Nothing bad is gonna happen." he assured, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into an embrace. She took a deep breath. He was right. It was gonna be okay.