A New Start

Weeks had gone by. Things were finally working out for Pippa and Lin. They'd decided to get eloped. They didn't want the stress of planning another big wedding. All they wanted was to be husband and wife. And so they were. 

Pippa was in the bathroom, waiting anxiously. She'd been in this same position only a few months before. She paced back and forth in the bathroom, waiting anxiously for the longest five minutes ever to hurry the fuck up. She inhaled and exhaled, glancing every few seconds at the stick on the counter, and quickly glance away again. As if by looking away, it would go faster. 

"Beep, beep BEEEEEEEEEP!" her timer finally sounded. She turned it off and took a deep breath. Her fingers danced over the test, terrified for the results. It made sense. She'd been throwing up recently, feeling nauseous, bloated. And the timeline did add up since the last time... y'know. 

"Just do it," she said softly to herself, trying to gain confidence. Even if it was positive, she knew what had happened last time. So she wasn't fully sure this would even be something to celebrate. 

She gained the courage and flipped it over. She stared at the test closely, making sure she wasn't seeing things. There was... yup, it was there. Two lines. She felt her eyes beginning to water. This time, they were tears of joy. Of hope. She swung open the door to see Lin on his laptop on the bed.

"Lin," she whispered, lips quivering as she sniffed, covering her mouth with her hand. 

"Love? What's wrong?!" he exclaimed, closing his computer and standing up.

"I'm... I'm pregnant!" she told him, tears pouring down her cheeks as she announced the news.

"Wait, actually?" he gasped. She nodded quickly. "Oh my god. Oh my god!" He felt his heart bounce and his face light up. This was incredible!

He picked her up and spun her around. He set her down, wiping a tear from Pippa's cheek with his thumb. "You are going to be such an amazing Mom," he whispered.

She let out a happy cry. She'd wanted this for so long. Finally, she was going to have a kid! They were gonna be a family!

Lin paused. "Wait, it's mine right?"

"Of course, dummy!" she laughed, hitting him playfully. "Are you excited?"

"Am I excited?!" he laughed. "I'm more than excited! I'm, I'm ecstatic! Oh, Pip... this is so great."

By now, he was crying too. 

"Thanks for telling me," he murmured.

"Of course," she giggled. "No more secrets."

He nodded in agreement. 

"Then maybe I should tell you... I'm pregnant too."

She snorted and hit him again, and they both burst into laughter.

"Lin..." she murmured. 

"Hm?"

"What if I have another miscarriage...? What if I lose another one?"

He shook his head no, resting his hand on her shoulder.

"You won't. I have a feeling. This baby... I can already tell.  It's special. We're ready." he assured her.

Lin bent down and placed a hand on her stomach, where a life was beginning to grow.

"Hey baby," he grinned. "You're gonna be so amazing. You have the best mom ever. She's gonna teach you how to be kind, and loyal, and smart, and strong. Just like her. And you're gonna have an incredible life."

This only made Pippa cry harder.

"Aw, love," Lin laughed, standing back up. 

He interrupted her cries by bringing his lips to hers, the only thing that could immediately make her stop crying. He held her close. She brought her hands to his chest, leaning in close to him. Lin released for a second, their foreheads still pressed together.

"Close your eyes, little baby. This is PG 13." he whispered, making Pippa giggle as he dove in for more.

This was, infact, a new start. Things were finally going their way, and everything they'd ever hoped for was coming true. A life together, a family. They were more in love than they ever had been before, and never wanted anything to get in the way ever again. They were finally happy. 

Epilogue

Eight months and four days later, Pippa gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Her name was Elise, in honor of Renee. She was like a bright light that had been brought into the world, with a beautiful smile and dark hair.

"She looks like you," Lin whispered. Pippa lied in the hospital bed, Elise in her arms. Lin sat next to her, gazing at the beautiful child in her arms. "Same smile, same glow, and radiance. She's gorgeous."

"She has your eyes," Pippa commented, gazing at the baby who grinned up at her. She stuck out her finger, and Elise wrapped a minuscule hand around it, then swatted it away, giggling. "And your dorky sense of humor," she smirked.

"Funny," he chuckled playfully. He tucked Pippa's hair behind her ear to look at her. She turned to him and beamed, looking effortlessly beautiful, even after giving labor. "I'm so proud of you." he whispered.

"For what?" she laughed.

He raised an eyebrow. 

"What do you mean, for what? Everything! You've been through so much. You're so strong. I'm so lucky to be your husband." he grinned. Elise let out a coo. "See, she agrees!" 

Pippa slipped a smile and leaned in to give him a peck.

"I love you so much, Lin. I'm so excited. For our lives together, for... for everything." she breathed, pressing her nose to his.

"Me too." he chirped, looking deeply into her eyes.

This moment was one he'd never forget. They were, at last, in a great place. They couldn't wait for their lives together. And when they had nothing else, they had hope. And that was all that they needed.

THE END AHHH

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE STORY!! LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKED IT! AND I MIGHT POSSIBLYYYYY WRITE A THIRD LOL I MEAN MOST PPL R DEAD BUT I CAN TRY BAHAHAH ANYWAYS YUPPP THATS IT LOVE YOU ALL FOR READING TYSM <3