A Small Detour

It was finally time. Lin waited at the bottom of the aisle, squirming with both nerves and excitement. Suddenly, the music began to play. The bridesmaids and groomsmen began walking down the aisle with linked arms. Slowly, one step after the other. Everyone in the audience stood up and turned towards the entrance to watch the bride enter. 

But... there was nobody there. Lin felt his heart drop. The music continued for another minute. Where was she?! Lin thought. Had he been stood up at the altar? Was it because of what he did? His eyes began to well up with tears. This was humiliating. He heard voices begin to murmur, people turning and whispering to one another. Suddenly, someone entered. 

"I can't find Pippa anywhere," he said. It was Pippa's Dad, looking distressed. The music came to an abrupt stop, a violin squeaking to a halt. Pippa's Mom hurried over next to him.

"What?!" she exclaimed. "Does anyone know where she might've gone?" she called around.

Nobody had answers.

Lin was full-on crying by now, tears rolling down his face. This was all his fault. He'd been terrible for kissing that girl. That's why she hadn't shown up. He didn't blame her. 

Leslie, standing next to him, placed a hand on Lin's shoulder, to comfort him. Lin said nothing, only crying harder.

He never thought this would happen. He'd envisioned this moment in his head for so long. Pippa walking down the aisle. Saying their vows. Saying "I do." Living happily ever after.

He should've known it could never really happen. Not to a guy like him. He was a douche. He didn't deserve Pippa. He was extremely embarrassed and upset, but if being with him didn't make her happy, she would never force him to do so. He loved her. And If that meant letting her go, so be it.

-

-

-

"Where are we going?" Pippa asked, still puzzled. Ant was holding a tight grip on her arm. They were walking down the street. He'd said he needed to tell her something, but he'd barely said a word for the last five minutes. The ceremony had probably begun. She needed to get back. 

"Ant?" she asked. He looked forward, not responding. "We should get back soon."

He said nothing.

"Anthony?" 

They reached the end of the long, empty street they'd been walking down. All that was there was Anthony's car.

He popped open the trunk, rummaging through for something. "Hello?" she asked when he still hadn't responded to her. 

"What are you doing?" she asked, still very confused.

She looked around to see if anyone was trying to find her or tell her they were about to start the ceremony. 

Suddenly she felt something cold and round hit the back of her neck as Ant grabbed her arm tightly again.

"Stay quiet and I don't shoot," he whispered chillingly. She felt her breath become uneasy. She couldn't think straight. Why the fuck was Anthony about to shoot her? What the hell was going on? Where was Lin? She needed Lin. She began to panic.

"Wha..." she started.

"I said, stay quiet!" he screamed, digging it deeper into her neck. She shut her lips tightly, quivering as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I'd kill you right now," he whispered into her ear. "But it'd be more fun to do it later. An old friend wants to see you first." 

She felt his cold breath on the back of her neck and felt a chill go down her spine. What did he-

"BAM!"

Anthony hit her on the side of the head with his gun, knocking her unconscious. 

And with that, he loaded her into his trunk and drove away.

Sorry this was short I'm tired and fought with my friends and its currently almost 2 am and I gotta get up at 6 lmao