Chapter Forty Seven

"Oh," mumbled Louis, breaking the awkward silence. My eyes traveled nervously around the room, suddenly finding the tablecloth design interesting.

Harry was extremely tense next to me, and I guess so was I, since neither of us knew how to react or what to say.

"Well are one of you going to say anything or not?" my mother asked. "I'd kill to know what's going on here."

So I breathed in, exhaled and began to talk,"Mom, look. I'll understand if you're really mad. But if you really wanted what's best for me, you'll let me follow my heart. And no matter how much he hurt me, his positives balance it out. He makes me happy, mom, and my heart says: Harry." I said, she looked down slightly. "Please give us a chance."

My voice croaked towards the end of my speech, and my eyes nervously looked up at them.

My mother's face was neutral, but relaxed. Louis, on the other hand, had that look on his face. That are-you-fucking-serious look, where his eyes were half open, his mouth pulled funny, almost in a smirk, his left eyebrow up and his face rested in his palm.

I looked over to Lottie, who seemed to he the only happy one in the room. She gave me a small smile, "That's adorable, guys!"

I coughed awkwardly, "Thanks, Lot."

The sound of chairs from the other side of the table could be heard, as my mother pushed out her chair, grabbed her plate and made her way to the kitchen.

"Harry and I are going to go and pack, alright? We'll be down in a few."

Lottie remained calm, but Louis on the other hand, pulled out his phone and took a snap chat of his are-you-fucking-serious face, I could see as he typed in the caption:

when yo fam be having drama :/

"Louis!" I groaned. "Stop that, it's not funny."

So I grabbed Harry's hand and took him up to my room (a.n lol guys no)

He had been incredibly quiet throughout the whole of dinner, but it was understandable.

Once we got inside my room, he opened up my glass sliding doors and stood on my balcony, he didn't say anything, but I watched as the cool air blew through his thick hair.

"Are you going to say anything?"I asked.

"I don't even know what to say," he said, looking down at his shoes. "She hates me."

I frowned and moved closer to him, wrapping my arms around him. "Hey, hey," I whispered into his ear, hugging him tighter, "don't pay her no mind, okay? She'll get over it. I know she will, and if she doesn't, then I don't care. As long as we're together."

He smiled, kissed me on my forehead, and walked into my room and took a seat on my bed, "Come lay?"

I grinned and sprinted over to him, kissing him on the mouth. He hugged my side and moved me up, closer to the top of the bed.

I placed my hand on his chest, watching my hand move up and down as his breathing accelerated.

"I'm sorry I'm not good enough for your mother," he frowned. "Really I am."

"No, no, no," I shushed. "Stop saying that, okay? You're good enough for me."

"You're g-"

Just as Harry was about to continue, there was a knock on the door.

"Open up! It's me Louis!" He called like a five year old, I swear he's the most childish person I knew.

"Come in."

"Hey," he said, smiling as he entered the door,"Can I speak to you for a mo?" I nodded.

"Please don't take mom seriously," groaned Louis, "She like, literally just spoke to me, and she's okay with you guys. She's just...you know, shocked, at how you two got together. It was a big shock for us all I guess," he said, I smiled at him. "Just give her time?"

"Thanks, Lou."

"Oh yeah, and Harry?" he asked, looking over at him.

"Yeah?"

"Be careful with my sister - or I'll fuck you up." he looked dead serious. It was funny because Harry looked absolutely terrified, as if he was about to shit himself. But alas, Louis burst out into fits of laughter, "I'm kidding, bro. Just be careful with her. Be gentle," he winked, causing me to gasp loudly.

"Louis."

"Bella?" Louis asked, "I know it might be early, but I was thinking we could go to the graveyard to visit dad? I haven't been there in a long time, actually,"

I looked over at Harry, who seemed to think it's a great plan so I nodded, "Great idea." I said, getting up and grabbing my coat.

goal for next chapter :

14.3K