Chapter Twenty Seven

Big Parade - The Lumineers

“Do I look okay?” I ask Lottie as I frown at my reflection in the mirror.

“Yes,” she laughs. “It's not like you're going on a date with a guy. It's just lunch with a girlfriend, is all.”

I nod and take one last look at myself, and quickly adjust my baby blue blouse which I paired with dark denim jeans and ankle boots.

Suddenly there's a knock on the door, and I rush down the stairs to open it.

“ANGIE!!”(a.n played as Ashley Benson)

“BELLAA!!”

We greet and embrace each other in a tight hug.

“I've missed you,” she frowns and eyes me from head to toe. “You look amazing, Bel.”

I smile and thank her with a grin.“Thanks, Ang, you too.”

“Angela,”Louis comes down the stairs. “Looking beautiful as always.” he says and Angie blushes slightly.

I roll my eyes, “Still crushing on my best friend?”

“Shut up.” he blushes and I laugh.

“Let's go,”I say and follow her to her car.

-

We arrive at the mall and I groan at the sight. It's really full and stuffy in here.

“Yay! Don't you just love shopping?!” Angie squeals next to me and I roll my eyes, feeling quite the exact opposite.

“Sure,”

We walk right into Forever 21 and Angie goes ballistic.

“This dress will look great! No rather this...or what do you think?” Angie rambles and I furrow my brows together,

“Um, that one.” I point to the fuchsia colored dress in her hand, “Color suits you.”

“Here try this on!!” she hands me a white lace dress, which has a collar, not really my style. But it is kind of cute.

I reluctantly walk to the changing rooms and try on the dress, which easily slipped over my head. Not.

I eventually got it over my head and stepped out of the fitting room, greeted by a wide eyed Angie.

“You look amazing!” she grins and I smile,

“You think so?”

“Yup.” she shows me a thumbs up.

After ringing up the dress and a few hundred of other items Angie got for herself, we eventually walked over to the food court.

-

“So, how's campus?” Angie asks as she chews on her salad.

“Great,” I reply with a mouth full of pizza.

“No boyfriend?” she says and I laugh lightly.

“It's been a whole year at campus and I don't like anyone, or any of that...”

“Wow, but you're so pretty!”

I scoff, “Right.”

I nearly choke on my pizza when I see a guy walk past us.

“Bel? You alright?” Angie asks and her voice begins to fade away.

All I can think of is how this guy looked exactly like Braden. It's like I'm seeing a ghost. His dark hair, fair skin, brown eyes–

“Bella!!” Angie snaps me from my thoughts.

“I want to go home...” I say and she cocks her left eyebrow.

“Are you alright?”

“Just take me home, please.”

-

It was after supper and I was honestly exhausted.

It was just Louis and I left in the kitchen due to my mother and Lottie leaving to go and get some dessert for us.

“Bella, are you okay?”he puts down his phone and he frowns.

“Yeah, Lou,” I lie. “Why?”

He raises an eyebrow, “Come on. I know you for nineteen years of your life, I already know when you're lying.”

I sigh and give in, “It's Braden.”

“Oh, that funny best friend of yours? He's a cool lad.”

“Was a cool lad.” I correct him and he furrows his brows.“Louis, he died a month ago...” I drop my head, feeling bad for not telling Louis, who also knew him well.

“No...” he shakes his head and immediately pulls me into his arms stroking my hair gently.

“I'm so sorry, sis. How'd he...pass?”

“He was murdered. Shot and beaten up...”I croak.

“Shhh it's alright,” he hugs me tighter and we sit there. Me crying into his neck.

“Everything's going to be okay.” he says and I nod.

If only that was the truth.

Damn that was a long chapter! For those of you who want to know how many chapters this book will be. I'm thinking 50+ maybe?? :)

Please vote and comment.

Goal for next chapter
1.75K.