Chapter 27: My Friend

Finishing the last droplet off his drenched hair, Deku squeezed the towel round his strands, letting the water cease into the fabric, and the additional towel tied around his waist. He stepped outside the bathroom tiles and headed to the center of the room in which the bed was considered part of the main section. Although, he shook but not because of the cold, he was naked and nervous. Unexpectedly, he found the room vacant with no signs of Kacchan.

Thinking, it was weird he hadn't arrived yet from wherever he went off to. Maybe he was mad. Maybe he was distracted as of now. He sighed a deep relief, even though somewhere within his incredibly beating heart, it felt like it sank from realization.

After dressing up regular clothes that he had normally been using, Deku exited the room, heading the long corridor of the second floor. Closing the door from behind, he noticed the room's number: Room 202. Lights sparkled from the brink of the corners of the buildings that covered the division of the town that Deku had called his own. In such small distance and short height, he figured that he was indeed close to his home but barriered by the woods.

The wind was windy, and the cold froze Deku's sensitive skin from the exposure of the unfamiliar temperature. A fence that surveyed the entire upper floor, metallic and gray, rusty and dirty, was put round to prevent anyone from falling.

It was bizarre this strange feeling of loneliness, but all this time he has been given unwanted attention. He clasped his hands to his arms and neaded to the stairs, forgetting the fact that he hasn't figured out where the spiky-blond was located.

Sky dark, painted as if it was smeared with black paint that spilled onto the heavens. Pitched, that the only certainty for one's own vision were the light posts.

Unfamiliar with the area, Deku wandered the lower ground to study the place. Slowly walking with undecided intetions, he headed to the back of the hotel, only to find a playground invading his trail. Let alone his previous plan, it was way more interesting to check the slide, swings, and the seesaw. It was almost creepy to find one at night, but he, anyways, directed to it.

A faint light bulb that embraced the circle into a color of light orange or yellow emerged from the wall planted to the side of the rectangular playground. Small and an annoying paint that didn't serve its use, flickering every millisecond.

It was then Deku switched his attention to a boy gripping onto the galvanized chains, staring at the rocks below his shoes, kicking them and having the gloomiest look. He did not know if he had the right assumption, but they seemed the same age as him. They were fairly tall, had black hair that reached their forehead, had a red jacket with unfazed patterns; long, black pants and colorless shoes. They seemed to be mentally lost just like Midoriya, or rather, distracted by their reserved thoughts.

They didn't even realize the greenette was approaching them in inquiry. Deku was slightly jealous for how they had a warming clothing piece while he burned from the breeze, not to mention the cute style his hair gave off.

Eventually the black-haired snapped his head up, confused and awared.

"Hi," Deku uttered a low greeting, raising his right hand.

"Hey..." they as well followed along a dense silence. Their voice was smooth when muttered the lowest, but it was known that if it ever exceeded its current level, it would sound rather rough. They had pure red eyes that had personally experienced society's expectations. He started to move both of his feet up, forward on the swing and rocked with delicacy. The stranger failed to cover his anxiety.

Deku walked to the seat next, sat, and grapped the slim chains, staring at the yellow seesaw. They both started to effectively use the swing to bring their bodies at a high distance. Despite have only said a word to each other once in their lives, it became a sort of competence for who swang the farthest and the fastest. Grinning and laughing to themselves, the silence faded away and a friendship bond elaborated unintentionally. They had fun, and had become comfortable quickly.