fifteen

jaemin, once again, stayed the night at jeno's apartment. it seemed like this had become a regular thing for the two but neither could complain, they loved each other's company.

unfortunately, jeno did have work the next morning while jaemin was free for the day. jeno told jaemin he could stay in his apartment but didn't expect him to actually stay, so he was pleasantly surprised to see jaemin sprawled on his couch watching a random show when he got home.

jaemin looked up when the door opened and waved with a smile and opened his arms. jeno chuckled and threw his stuff on the kitchen counter before diving into jaemin's arms. the two had grown closer with all of their sleepovers and shifts together. neither had spoken about whether it was a platonic thing or if there were feelings involved but they didn't feel the need to, they were happy and comfortable and that's all that matters.

jaemin gently turned jeno's chin to face him and smiled. 

"i want to take you on a date."

jeno's eyes widened. forget all that stuff about not feeling the need to talk about feelings, i guess.  

"don't you think that was kind of fast?" jeno giggled and placed his head on jaemin's chest. jaemin shrugged and played with jeno's hair.

"if i'm sure i want to then why waste time?" jeno nodded, jaemin had a point. jeno wasn't sure if he had romantic feelings for the younger or if he just enjoyed the attention and love he gave him, but he was willing to give jaemin a chance.

"sure, it's a date."

"well yeah, i did ask you on a date." jeno giggled and playfully hit jaemin's shoulder.

"so, you better get ready then."

"what, we're going now?"

"why not?"

jaemin guided jeno through the busy streets, making sure the older was next to him at all times. jeno had no idea where they were going, they were in a part of the city that jeno wasn't very familiar with but he trusted jaemin.

they walked through the sea of people and finally jaemin stopped outside a cute, white store. it had a bunch of hanging plants in the window and the shop name was in a fancy, gold font. jaemin took jeno's hand and the pair walked inside the shop. jeno tilted his head in confusion as he looked around. it looked like a pet store with shelves full of pet treats and toys. 

jaemin headed over to the counter and said something to the woman behind the counter. she nodded and pointed towards a door near the back. jaemin smiled excitedly and grabbed jeno's hand again before leading him through the door and as soon as he did, jeno's face lit up.

the two had walked into a large garden filled with plants and trees. there was a little pond in the corner and little houses were built into the trees, making it look like fairies lived there. but most importantly, the animals.

jaemin had taken jeno to cat and dog heaven. there were multiple breeds of both running around, playing together or resting.

jeno looked around in amazement before turning to jaemin and pouting. 

"nana, i'm allergic to cats." jaemin nodded with a smile and pulled something out of his coat pocket.

"and that's why i got some allergy pills from the owner. they work amazingly, so you'll get to enjoy your time here." jeno's jaw dropped and he couldn't help but throw himself at the younger. jaemin caught jeno with wide eyes but laughed and wrapped his arms around the older's waist.

"thank you jaemin, really." jeno whispered and jaemin ruffled his hair.

"you're welcome, sunshine. now go, they're waiting." jaemin nodded towards the animals and jeno's face lit up again before he ran over to one corner where some kittens and dogs were playfully wrestling. jeno sat down and cooed as a young, completely white kitten crawled on to his lap. jaemin sat next to jeno and watched the boy with pure admiration, finding the sight adorable.

a black cat made its way on to jaemin's lap and made itself comfortable, making jeno squeal.

"nana, i think he likes you." jaemin cooed at the cat and gently scratched it's ear, making the car purr.

"they're opposites, that's so cute." jeno pointed at the two cats on their laps and jaemin nodded before looking at jeno.

"just like us."

a/n: if someone took me to a place like that i'd marry them on the spot and i don't even want marriage

ironically marry you by shinee is playing rn and they said "girl i wanna marry you" right as i typed that HAHAH