seventeen

"i'd like to order something from jeno." jeno's head snapped up and he looked at renjun. everything had been calm, of course jaemin had been watching renjun like a hawk but other than that, renjun had just been having a normal conversation with felix while jeno cleaned the counters.

"um sure, what can i get you?" jeno placed the coffee jars back on the counter before heading over to renjun, preparing the cash register.

"your number, seems like it disappeared. strange, right?" renjun gave him a sweet smile, glancing at jaemin. jaemin scoffed while jeno gulped. thankfully, a customer walked in right at that moment.

"sorry renjun, i have to work." jeno looked away from renjun, avoiding eye contact while he took the customer's order. once he gave the customer their order, he headed into the storage room to grab some more things.

he was reaching for more sugar when the door opened. he ignored it, thinking it was just felix getting some extra coffee, but he froze when the person spoke.

"jeno, we need to talk."

jeno spun around to face renjun, feeling like a deer caught in headlights.

"you shouldn't be back here, renjun. staff only."

"felix gave me permission, i told him i have to talk to you."

jeno signed and placed the sugar on the shelf before crossing his arms. "what is it?"

"it seems like you ignored my order." renjun raised an eyebrow.

"renjun, i told you i had to work, i don't have time for jokes like that when there's other customers and-"

"i'm not talking about that order, jeno." renjun glared at him and jeno stopped rambling. "i told you to stay away from jaemin."

jeno looked at him in disbelief and couldn't help but laugh. "renjun, you're not my mother. in fact, i think it's better that i stay away from you."

jeno grabbed the sugar and went to leave but renjun grabbed his arm. renjun had a different look in his eye, before he looked mad and intimidating but now he seemed desperate.

"please jeno, i know i didn't exactly ask you in the politest way but you seriously can't trust jaemin, he's dangerous."

jeno stopped and sighed. "then tell me, why did you move back to china?"

renjun's eyes widened and he gulped. "you know why, i wanted to go to college in my own country and see family-"

"the real reason, renjun." jeno was now the one staring at the chinese boy with irritation. 

"jeno, i-i'm not lying i swear-"

"enough, renjun. stay away from me." jeno glared at him and left the room, leaving renjun alone. tears ran down renjun's cheeks and he sunk to the ground, holding his knees.

he lost his best friend and it was all na jaemin's fault.