twenty six

jeno was sat on the floor in front of a mirror in his living room, applying some light makeup. he had learned a couple of things from his friends and he was finally comfortable enough to do his own makeup when needed, like today.

he was preparing for his date with jaemin. jaemin told him it wouldn't be a huge date as he wanted to be comfortable, the weather was getting colder and jaemin didn't want them to catch a cold. jeno wore an oversized blue hoodies and grey sweatpants. he didn't want to look like he had just rolled out of bed hence why he was applying some makeup. nothing too crazy, just enough to make him look like he put in some effort.

jeno felt his phone buzz in his pocket as applied some red lip tint to his lips. he pulled the phone out of his pocket to make sure it wasn't anything important.

unknown

hey jeno, it's johnny! :)

jeno checked the time before typing out a quick reply.

you

hi :] 

change unknown's name to "johnny :)" ?

yes no

johnny :)

how are you doing ?? i'm just grabbing some lunch and noticed you weren't working today so i thought i'd message you !

you

i'm good thank u :D yeah i'm not at work today hehe, i'm going on a date !!!

johnny :)

ahh that's why, i'll leave you to get ready then :) i'll ttyl!

you

okay, bye bye !!!

jeno checked the time again before putting his phone back into his pocket. there was thirty minutes left until the time jaemin gave him so he decided to grab his things and get going. they had decided to stay in jaemin's apartment for the day and jeno would stay the night.

jeno grabbed his keys and left his apartment, making sure to lock the door behind him.

"where are you off to?" jeno jumped and turned around, seeing donghyuck was just about to enter his own apartment.

"i'm staying at jaemin's for the night."

"and you're going there at 1pm? don't you ever get sick of each other?" donghyuck chuckled, leaning against his doorframe. jeno raised an eyebrow.

"that's like me asking how you and mark never get sick of each other."

donghyuck shrugged. "yeah but me and mark are an actual couple."

jeno frowned at this and sighed. "what's with everyone rushing me and jaemin? we're happy with what we have, is that so bad?"

"i just think he seems off jeno, that night at my parent's house was weird. he seems obsessed with you, you're not even dating yet he acts like he owns you."

jeno scoffed and shook his head. "you're overreacting hyuck, he only reacted that way because he didn't want me to kiss you when you have your own boyfriend. he was being a good friend yet here you are, talking about him like he committed a crime."

donghyuck chuckled, rolling his eyes. "of course you'd believe that excuse, you're too gullible jeno."

"whatever, i'm leaving." jeno glared at donghyuck before continuing on his way to the exit, leaving the building with an angry sigh. he didn't understand why his best friend couldn't be happy for him.

he ended up outside jaemin's door ten minutes early but he knew jaemin wouldn't care. he knocked on the door and heard shuffling around inside before the door flung open. jaemin immediately pulled the older into a hug with a smile on his face.

"are you okay? you look tired." jaemin pulled away to look at jeno's face with a pout.

jeno nodded and smiled to show he was okay. "don't worry, i just got into a fight with hyuck."

jaemin frowned and pulled jeno inside, closing the door behind them. they headed over to jaemin's couch where two hot chocolates were waiting on the coffee table. jaemin handed jeno his drink before wrapping an arm around his waist. "do you want to talk about it?"

jeno took a sip of his drink and shrugged. "it was nothing big, he just doesn't trust you."

"really? did he say why?"

"because of the way you reacted to the dare ten gave me. i explained your reason for reacting that way though but hyuck's stubborn and has stupid opinions sometimes, he'll realize how amazing you are soon."

"i'm amazing, huh?" jaemin wiggled his eyebrows and jeno giggled, hitting jaemin's chest.

"you don't even need me to tell you, your ego's already so big." jeno rolled his eyes playfully and jaemin laughed, taking the hot drink out of jeno's hands before putting it on the coffee table so he could cuddle the older closer.

"hearing it come from you is better than anyone else saying it." jaemin chuckled when jeno's cheeks reddened. he loved the way the older blushed so easily, it was adorable to him.

"jeno?"

"hm?" jeno lay his head on jaemin's shoulder and looked up at him with curious eyes.

"don't listen to what anyone says, okay?" and with that, jaemin leaned over and placed a soft kiss on jeno's tinted red lips.

"you can trust me, i promise."

a/n: well shiiiii

anyways come in hard boom diggity diggy diggy we go far boom diggity wowowowow diggy diggy