sixteen

the two finished their date at a nearby diner. they ordered their food and got to know each other, finding they had a lot in common while also introducing new things to each other.

jaemin insisted on paying for their food, making jeno pout, but jaemin just chuckled and ruffled his hair.

now they were back at jeno's apartment and as usual, they agreed that jaemin should stay the night.

they were watching a movie together when jeno's phone lit up, showing a new notification. jeno picked up his phone and saw a text from renjun.

renjunnie <3

stay away from jaemin. 

jeno furrowed his eyebrows and showed jaemin his phone. jaemin looked at him, confused, but quickly frowned when he read the message. he took jeno's phone out of his hands, pressing a few things before handing it back to jeno. he turned back to the movie while jeno looked at what he did.

"i blocked him for you." jaemin said, still watching the movie. jeno nodded and turned his phone off before snuggling into jaemin's side.

"arriving together again, huh?" felix raised an eyebrow as the pair entered the bakery. jeno rolled his eyes and headed into the backroom to grab his apron while jaemin took a seat on one of the stools.

"jaemin your shift doesn't even start for another hour, simp." jaemin shrugged with a grin while felix shook his head.

"so how's it going with you two?" felix leaned against the counter, waiting for jaemin's response.

"pretty good. we went on our first date yesterday and we both enjoyed it." jaemin smiled while thinking of their date and felix cooed.

"so are you dating?"

"no, as much as i wouldn't mind dating him so fast, i understand he might not want to rush into things." felix smiled and nodded, thankful that his friend had found such an understanding person.

"jaemin, he's been checking you out the whole time i've been speaking to you. i'm pretty sure he likes you just as much as you like him." felix laughed and subtly nodded towards the break room where jeno was staring at jaemin while tying his apron. jaemin, who wasn't so subtle, turned to look at the older and raised an eyebrow with a smirk. jeno blushed and quickly looked away.

felix giggled and turned back to jaemin. "he's adorable."

"i know."

felix's smile dropped and he was now giving jaemin a death glare. "yeah, so don't hurt him or else i'll crack your bones one by one."

jaemin's eyes widened and he grabbed his arms in attempt to protect his bones. 

"noted."

jeno returned from the break room with his apron on. his cheeks were still a little red, making felix and jaemin smile. jeno, however, had witnessed jaemin looking at felix with eyes full of fear. he whined and hit felix's shoulder.

"did you threaten him?" 

"maybe."

"felix!" 

felix just laughed and shrugged before turning to jaemin. "i meant every word."

jaemin held his hands up in surrender. "don't worry, i got it. your boyfriend is scary enough anyways."

jeno nodded in agreement, about to add on to jaemin's statement but he was cut off when a customer entered. the three turned to look at the door and while felix looked happy to see the customer, jeno's eyes widened and jaemin frowned.

"good morning, renjun! what can i get you?"

renjun smiled at the three before sitting on the stool next to jaemin. 

"i'll just have a water, thanks lix."

a/n: bungee played and my whole mind malfunctioned during jeno's part, i had to take a 30 second break before i could write

damn u jeno for having such a nice voice