twenty four

jeno was laid across his couch watching his favorite show, tired after the last few days. don't misunderstand, he loves his friends, but his social battery definitely needed charging.

he nearly groaned out loud when there was a knock on his door and he threw the blanket off of him, standing up with a yawn. he then walked over to the door and opened it, expecting it to be donghyuck.

"renjun, what are you doing here?" 

renjun smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his neck. "can i come on?"

jeno scoffed and moved back to close the door but renjun stopped it with his foot.

"okay sorry, we can talk here. please hear me out jeno."

jeno rolled his eyes and kicked renjun's foot away from the door. "stay away from me, renjun."

jeno started to close the door but renjun pushed it over and looked at him with pleading eyes.

"hey, what's going on here?" a tall man walked over to the pair and pulled renjun away from the door. renjun's eyes widened and he opened his mouth but no words came out. the tall man rolled his eyes and shoved renjun in the direction of the stairs.

"come on kid, get out of here." renjun looked at jeno before nodding and he left jeno with the tall man. jeno turned to look at the man and gave him a soft smile.

"thank you, um-" jeno realized he didn't know the man's name. the man turned to look at jeno and looked like he was about to say something but a harsh whisper cut him off.

"johnny, get over here." the man, johnny, smiled at jeno before walking in the same direction renjun went. jeno then saw another man come out from the corner and the two walked off together. 

"johnny?" jeno said the name to himself, trying to remember if he'd heard it anywhere. he shook his head and closed the door, too lazy to question the weird encounter.

"johnny, are you stupid?" 

"do you even know who it was at his door?" johnny glared at the man next to him.

"it was just some kid, you probably scared the shit-"

"it was renjun, jungwoo." jungwoo stopped and his eyes widened, a light blush appearing on his cheeks.

"oh, sorry." johnny nodded in response and pulled out his phone, dialling a number.

"hello?"

"jaemin, it's johnny. we have an update."

"come over, we'll talk here." jaemin then hung up and johnny told jungwoo the plan. he nodded and the two began walking to jaemin's apartment.

"he what?" even johnny and jungwoo felt intimidated by the sight of jaemin. they had told him what happened at jeno's apartment and jaemin could feel his blood boiling. he stood up with his fists clenched and paced around his coffee table, trying to keep himself calm.

"johnny, make friends with jeno." johnny's eyes widened and he pointed to himself.

"me? but you said-"

"i don't care what i said, you do what i say now. don't let him know who you are but become close enough for him to trust you. johnny will keep watching jeno at all times but i want you to keep an eye on renjun." jaemin pointed to jungwoo and jungwoo nodded.

"any other orders for us?"

"i want anyone interested in jeno out of the picture. lee donghyuck, mark lee, seo changbin, lee felix and ten lee are the only exceptions." johnny took note of the names while jungwoo smiled.

"is our jaemin going soft?" 

jaemin grinned and stopped pacing, chuckling. 

"no jungwoo, i have other plans for those five idiots." 

a/n: sorry for not updating in a while :(( i've had so much going on and lost so much motivation but i'll update as often as possible now <3

how are you all doing ? skz had their comeback so i am now THRIVING but i do start school tomorrow :p