twenty one

jeno opened his eyes but immediately shut them again, groaning at the bright sunlight peeking through the curtains. he rolled over to his side to be closer to jaemin but frowned and opened his eyes when he felt nobody next to him.

at that exact moment, the door opened and jaemin walked in holing a glass of water in one hand and painkillers in the other. he closed the door with his foot and smiled at the older.

"you're finally awake. i raided the whole house looking for painkillers." jeno smiled gratefully before closing his eyes again. his head was killing him and he just wanted to sleep.

"you can sleep in a minute, gorgeous. take these first and you'll feel better when you wake up." jeno pouted and hesitantly opened his eyes. jaemin sat on the edge of the bed next to jeno and took one of the painkillers outof the packet. he tried to give it to jeno but the older shook his head and opened his mouth. jaemin chuckled before popping the painkiller in jeno's mouth for him.

"you need to drink the water yourself, i don't want to drown you." jaemin grinned and jeno slowly sat up, taking the glass from jaemin's hand. he took a few sips and swallowed the pill then placed the glass on the beside table and snuggled into the blankets. 

"do you want me to stay with you?" jaemin asked quietly, running a hand through jeno's hair. jeno closed his eyes and nodded, yawning. jaemin smiled and made himself comfortable, wrapping an arm around jeno's waist. 

"donghyuck's parents are letting us stay here for an extra night so you can sleep all you want." jeno tiredly nodded in response and moved closer to jaemin, resting his head in the crook of the pink haired boy's neck.

"WAKE UP LOVEBIRDS!" jaemin and jeno groaned at the sudden weight on them and opened their eyes to see felix and donghyuck jumping on their bed. they had slept for a few hours and by now, everyone was awake and energized.

"leave us alone." jeno groaned and pulled the covers over his and jaemin's heads. donghyuck rolled his eyes and launched himself on to the pair, earning more groans. felix giggled and flopped next to donghyuck. they pulled the covers off of jeno and jaemin and donghyuck began gently smacking jaemin's head while felix repeatedly poked jeno's cheeks.

"okay okay, we're up." jaemin sighed and pushed donghyuck off of him, making donghyuck fall on to the ground with a loud bang.

"where's everyone else?" jeno asked as he sat up.

"downstairs, we're going to spend the day in donghyuck's parent's pool." jaemin raised an eyebrow and looked at donghyuck.

"damn, how rich are your parents?"

"they're both ceos." donghyuck shrugged and ran out of the room to get changed. felix followed him out, leaving the two to get ready. jeno changed in the bathroom while jaemin threw on his swimming shorts and sat on the bed, waiting for jeno.

once they were both ready, they headed downstairs where everyone was waiting for them. donghyuck led them into the large back garden and they walked down a stone path to the massive pool. there was a slide on the side and donghyuck immediately ran towards it. jeno sat on the side of the pool and swung his legs in the water. it was a nice temperature, not too hot or cold.

jaemin sat next to him and smiled. "can you swim?"

jeno nodded. "i haven't swam in a long time but yeah, i'm just getting used to the temperature."

felix and changbin were quick to jump into the pool together, splashing everyone. donghyuck and mark went down the slide together, giggling when they emerged from the water while ten sat on the side of the pool, trying to tan. jeno and jaemin still sat on the side, talking to each other.

"come on, get in. we didn't invite you here to flirt." felix jokingly rolled his eyes as he swam over to the pair. jeno blushed and shook his head.

"we aren't flirting."

"i'm flirting." jaemin wiggled his eyebrows and jeno jokingly hit his shoulder. donghyuck swam over and took the opportunity to grab jaemin's legs and yank him in to the pool. jaemin popped out of the water with wide eyes and glared at donghyuck, wiping his face. jeno burst into a fit of laughter and began to tease jaemin until he made eye contact with felix.

"oh no."

felix grinned and copied donghyuck, grabbing jeno's legs to yank him into the water. this time jaemin laughed at jeno, who was pouting and splashing felix.

"aw, is the baby upset?" jaemin swam over to jeno and wrapped his arms around his waist. jeno blushed and turned away from jaemin.

"i'm not a baby."

"you're right, you're my baby." jeno's face reddened even more while the others gagged.

"how are you guys not dating?" changbin raised an eyebrow.

"jeno, i like you. do you like me?"

jeno's face was now more red than any tomato you've ever seen. 

"i um- yes?"

jaemin grinned and turned back to his friends. "there, we know we like each other so no need to rush into anything."

everyone just shook their heads and chuckled at jeno's embarrassed face compared to jaemin's cocky smile. 

they spent the rest of their afternoon playing pool games and ten eventually joined them, giving up on his tanning attempt. 

a/n: 24 hours by sunmi has no business being so good