14

❝𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩?❞

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦

"here's a flower for you, you, and you"

"th-thank you..?"

the three second years felt an imaginary love arrow pierce their heart. staring at the four year old's accomplished expression is just too much for them.

"is there something wrong? do you three don't like it?" seeing the defeated look on your face made them panicked and confused. but alas, panick seems to overpower confusion at every dangerous and unexpected moments.

"n-no!"

"mustard leaf!"

maki and toge both frantically think with their intelligent braincells, trying to see what they did wrong. panda at the sideliness sweatdropped, deciding to take matters in his own hands- umm... paws.

see what i did there?

ehe, laugh please-

"don't worry y/n, it was fine" and then the unexpected happened.

panda took a bite in the flower, leaving it's poorly cutted stem hanging from his hand while your already defeated expression from before increased its dramatic effect.

toge and maki deadpanned at what panda said. seeing the frozen shakened up expression your face, the green haired woman was immediately by your side while shaking your shoulders, trying to bring you back into reality.

"bonito flakes!" toge held panda's arms, shaking him and screaming some random onigiri ingredients which would megumi kindly translate but he ain't one to scream profanities so let's leave it to panda understanding him, yeah?

"y/n! are you alright? do you want me to smack panda for you-" maki frantically proposed the idea, quickly being supported by inumaki.

"salmon!"

"we can even make him shift into a flower which I'm sure inumaki would agree to, for replacement, yeah?" woah, can inumaki do that? he'll be like 'turn into a flower' and panda will be one?

"m-mustard leaf..?" the cursed speech user replied quickly, sounding a little disturbed by the thought.

"ME PANDA! NO CURSING ME! ANIMAL ABUSE!"

you suddenly came back in reality because of hearing the two's panick filled voices and ways into negotiating with you to make it fair and panda's shaking form, his... armed paws forming into an X infront of his body showing his sign of disagreeing.

" it's fine! let me just get something... "

"hey you two! why don't you assist y/n here and get some drinks from the vending machine?"

you turned your head towards the two first years, tensing up remembering how you 'knocked them out' last day.

"h-hi gumi, hi saki-chan..." you closed your eyes expecting to be told off because of what you did.

i hope they don't remember. please don't remember please don't remembe-

"eh? why are you so tense, c'mere!" you felt arms sneaking to your underarms. feeling yourself being lifted, you wrapped your arms around the orange-haired first year's neck, your eyes still closed, thinking that she's gonna throw you off a cliff and get rid of you.

where the thought came from? nowhere.

"why do you look like that? i haven't seen you since last day you know? didn't you miss me?"

"uh... and me too?" megumi piped in from the side, including himself seemingly wanna know if you miss him too.

"what do you mean- OH! we should get the drinks now, can i have a(n) (favorite canned drink)?"

"uh...alright. let's get going nobara"

you three started walking, well, technically the two walked while you were still in nobara's arms. you waved your arms to the third years, yelling a 'we'll be back soon' with nobara's 'you didn't say you missed us!' by your ear.

after a couple of minutes of walking and talking about how they didn't saw you since last day- precisely the day you escaped the two of them, you reached the cafeteria of some sort, nobara going straight to a vending machine.

"can't they put more vending machines here?" nobara complained while tapping on the vending machine, her eyes darting from one place to another, observing the place.

"there's no way that's happening, after all vendor entry is limited around here."

"i'm alright with them as long as they have my favorite drink!" you giggled in satisfaction as megumi brought his hand down to your h/c locks, patting your head.

you settled down, quieting your self when you heard steps echoing.

"why are you here in tokyo, zenin senpai?"

"woah! did you get a new haircut mak- wait, you're not maki. she's much prettier than you" you pouted, your eyes forming into a glare when you saw the maki-look-alike-but-uglier's eyes turn to you.

"how unpleasant fushiguro-kun. if you call me like that, no one could tell us apart, call me mai" you grimaced in disgust when you saw the wink she gave your unsual radar getting the weird aura around her.

"don't flirt with gumi. he's mine, lady. back off." snarling at the lady who's eyebrows furrowed at your comment, you got closer to megumi, your arms wrapping themselves at his waist in which he sweatdropped at.

"these guys... they're okkutsu and the third years' substitutes. well except that poor looking child" yours and nobara's jaw dropped at the comment. not gonna lie, that one caught you off guard.

oh well, time to show your roasting skills. doesn't he know that the 'poor looking child' burned the strongest sorcerer of all time and the king of curses? well not literally, but that's a big achievement, right?

"says the one who looks like a stupid, idiotic, mummified gorilla look-alike perso- no, monkey." you ended your statement with your arms crossed, smirk decorating your lips.

"you're too weak. did you know that stupid and idiotic is just the same?"

"the spelling's not. did you know that you're talking to sukuna's child right n-"

you covered your mouth, gasping dramatically and sulked. that's embarrasing.

'eh, I've got nothing to worry about, toru-chan's gonna handle any problems, ehe.'

"by the way we were worried about you guys so we came with the principal here at the school." the green-haired woman started, her right palm still sitting on her cheek.

"your classmate died, right? was it painful? or was it not?" you stared at her wide eyed. even if you knew yuji isn't dead yet, she's clearly taunting the two.

"what if i put it into words for you? 'host' sounds about right but the main point is he's a half-cursed monster, right?"

"for that kind of filthy human to rudely call himself a sorcerer next to you, you were repulsed by it, right?"

"... aren't you relieved he's dead?"

"eh? there's nothing more repulsing than your face though, miss"

ah, you and your big mouth.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦