Chapter Sixteen

- Lola's POV -

As soon as I got home from college I told Lilah everything that happened. She was so excited, it felt weird.

"He definitely likes you! I told you he would be head over heels! Even though he doesn't wear heels.." She shouted all over my bedroom. I giggled.

"He doesn't like me! He was obviously just being friendly" I said putting down my mood once again. Lilah sighed loudly and grabbed both of my arms.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP LOLA. OKAY? HE LIKES YOU" She screamed. Thank god my parents weren't home, she would've been kicked out.

"Let's hope he does" I sighed, but he probably doesn't. He has probably been with Stephanie for years and loved her so much. It's been two days since they split, he wouldn't have moved on that fast.

Lilah grabbed her phone and called Philip to tell him all about what happened with me and Joseph, nothing even happened! We were just being friendly and he smiled A LOT, it almost made me have heart failure and he stared at me for a really long time and asked if I would be back again. Once again.. Nothing happened!!

"I'm not even worried about if I don't get a relationship out of this. I just want to make sure that he is okay.." I said with a frown. Lilah laughed and I stared at her with a blank expression.

"The Black Swan isn't doing very well after his fight with Stephanie which means they're getting no money. And I'm sure he is still heart broken over their break up"

"He probably isn't, she acted like a cow" Lilah admitted, I nodded in agreement.

But what I said was true. Of course I would love to be with him, who wouldn't?! He is absolutely perfect. But if I don't get that I won't be surprised, he wouldn't go for a girl like me anyway.

I just want to be his friend and be there for him. I hate seeing people having a hard time, especially if that person is Joseph.

- Joseph's POV -

It was Monday evening and the bar had a few costumers, of course I wasn't aloud to be helping so I sat on the stair case listening to the people talking and the radio playing.

I couldn't help but wonder how different my life was just last week, it was all different. I had a girlfriend, I had a job, I had money, I had friends and I wasn't a laughing stock.

Being slapped by a girl and being called worthless and useless isn't exactly what I wanted my Saturday night to be about.

But oh well, it happened.

"Is it true your son was the one who was in the fight here on Saturday?" I heard someone ask. I sat up quietly and leaned over the banister.

"Yes. But he isn't working here for a while anymore" My dad said. I sighed and sat back down again, I doubt I'm going to get my job back after this.

I stood up and ran to my bedroom quickly. I walked to my window and opened it as far as it could go and jumped out onto the bar roof. I like to sit here alone sometimes, it's really peaceful.

I sat down and stared up at the dark cloudy sky above me before taking a deep breath in. It's been a stressful week.. And it's only Monday.