Chapter Twenty

- Lola's POV -

I woke up bright and early the next day for college, I was in an amazing mood. I grabbed my phone from my bedside table and opened my contact list, scrolling down to Joseph.

I was thinking about calling him all night, I wonder if he is awake right now?

I sat up in my bed and clicked on the call button without any thought. Then my body started to shake in fear.

"Hello?" A husky morning voice said a moment later, my cheeks turned to strawberry red once again. His voice is the best thing to hear as soon as you wake up.

"Joseph! It's me Lola.." I said enthusiastically.

"Lola! I thought you'd never call! I was waiting for you- I mean uh" He mumbled, I laughed slightly and lay back down in bed.

"So, what're you doing at 7am?" He asked.

"Lying in bed. I need to get up and go to college" I groaned while stretching.

"Well you better get up then! If you're not busy after college I could come meet you?.."

Wow. Joseph really does like spending time with me doesn't he? I've never noticed it before.

"Yes of course! I finish college at 4pm. I'll meet you outside it?"

"That sounds good, I'll see you then" He said before hanging up. Now I was even happier than I was ten minutes ago.

I jumped out of bed and put on my best outfit. Black skinny jeans, black leather boots and a huge baggy top. My favourites.

I was feeling confident about the way I looked today, I smiled widely as I skipped down the stairs. My dad stared me up and down.

"You're never smiling. How come?" He said. Jeez thanks dad.

"I just feel good today, nothing special" I smiled before grabbing my bag and heading out the front door. Lilah's going to love this..

I spent my whole day gazing out the classroom window thinking about how perfect Joseph is. I'm totally going to fail my college course.

- Joseph's POV -

At 4:00pm on the dot I sat outside Lola's college in my car, staring anxiously out the window for her. I was so excited to see her face again, I don't know what's wrong with me.

I leaned back in the drivers seat and took a deep breath before turning up the radio a bit louder, I really do love my car. It's an all black Mustang and the interior is purple.

Suddenly a small adorable girl caught my eye in the mirror, I beeped the horn and waved out the window. She noticed me and ran over to the car quickly before jumping in the front seat.

"Wow nice car!" Lola said with a smile, she looked so perfect today.

"Oh thanks"

I began to drive away from the college and out of the town, I didn't even tell Lola where we were going but she didn't even ask. Sooner or later we reached the small beach just outside the town we live in, she gasped and looked out the window.

"Why're you taking me to the beach?" She asked while giggling, I shrugged because I was lost for words at how pretty her smile was.

We jumped out of the car and walked down the stone steps which lead on to the beach.

"You're extremely tall you know" Lola mumbled, I nodded and looked around.

"I love being tall!" I shouted while pouting, she giggled once again which made me feel funny inside.

The beach was a perfect place to chill, there wasn't anybody around and the sun was slowly starting to set.

"Hey, let's sit on those rocks over there" Lola said while pointing towards the water, I nodded and followed her.