Chapter Twenty Six

- Lola's POV -

I can't believe Joseph is here, in my own house! I look like death because I only woke up but I didn't really care, which was really weird.

As Joseph came through the front door I sprinted down the stairs in my pink fluffy onesie and messy hair. What am I doing with my life.

"Hey you" Joseph said in a cute voice while walking towards me and giving me a huge hug. I smiled widely and hugged back.

"Please excuse my face, hair and clothes.." I muttered. He laughed and pulled away from me.

"You look very cute"

I rolled my eyes and tried to fix my hair. He grabbed my hands and giggled.

"Leave it like that! It's funny" He said while laughing. I lead him into the living room and let him sit down on the sofa.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I asked with a smile. He shook his head.

"No thank you. But if I do I can get it myself, you're suppose to be resting today" Joseph said before pulling me on to the sofa with him. I huffed and sat down beside him while turning on the music channel on the TV.

"Soo.. How are you?" I asked awkwardly as we listened to music. He glanced across the sofa and smiled.

"I'm good.. What about you?"

"I'm great! Well except for the stitches in my head and the fact that I'm missing out on work in college today oh and-" I said before stopping myself as I realised I was blabbering, Joseph began to laugh at me which made me go red like always.

- Joseph's POV -

After a while of talking, Lola decided to turn on the xbox and we began to play. She was really good at all the games which was surprising to me.

I pulled her closer to me on the sofa and she lay her head on my shoulder, I felt funny inside again.

"Where is your bathroom?" I asked a minute later.

"Just on the left when you get to the top of the stairs" Lola said while pointing to the stair case, I nodded and got up from the sofa.

I got to the top of the stairs and found the bathroom, but before I walked in some pink spotty curtains caught the corner of my eye. It was Lola's bedroom! Should I go in?

I put no thought into my decision and decided to go into her bedroom, it was very small.

The floor was messy with cables and clothes, it was still dark in the room as the curtains were closed.

I glanced around the walls at all the drawings and posters, she was amazing at art. She also seemed to have an obsession with mermaids, which was pretty cool.

Suddenly I heard the front door of the house slam shut and a loud voice echo through the house.

"Hi darling!"

Shit.