17

ᴛᴡ: ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ

ᴛᴡ: ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜꜱ

Arter remembered cradling his newborn siblings to his chest, his smile wide and proud as he shouted with pride

"Look at my sister and brother!" He'd cry out to nurses and doctors.

Sometimes, he and his father would reenact the scene from the Lion King where Rafiki holds up Simba for their entire kingdom to see. His mother would laugh with joy with a soft look in her eyes as she watched her loved ones play.

Arter was fourteen at the time when his mother was rushed to the hospital. His brows were furrowed, worried about his newborn siblings and his mother's health as he waited outside. He remembers the pained cries and moans from his mother as she gave birth to twins.

Twins. He thought.

Arter faintly remembers when his cousins came over, a rowdy bunch. They were all younger than him, naturally picking on the eldest for fun. He remembered another set of twins that came from a family friend, both sticking close together hand in hand with thick brown locks and light brown skin that was smooth to the touch.

Of course, he wasn't close to any of his cousins—often finding them annoying—but these two peaked his curiosity. They were around his age and he attempted to talk with them.

Although it didn't work out, Arter got closer with one of the twins; Ilvonia. The two became best friends at thirteen, playing and studying together with large smiles on their faces.

When his siblings were born, Arter—with pride and happiness—introduced the newborn twins to Ilvonia who squealed with delight. The two promised to keep the twins safe, locking it with a small chant:

"We promise to love and cherish you."

The twins grew up with love, their pearly white smiles contagious and made those around them feel refreshed. Arter adored them and played with his baby siblings all day, as the world they lived in was set back in the medieval times.

The village he lived in worshipped the Astro God(dess): [Divine Name]. Fully believing in the God(dess) with their entire being. There were at least four temples constructed in the protected village Arter's family lives in. Followers of the Astro God(dess) were called the Oscines.