18

As a child, Ganyu remembered the times where she and other Adepti kids would run up to their mother and parent-figures with glee

As a child, Ganyu remembered the times where she and other Adepti kids would run up to their mother and parent-figures with glee. The childlike gleam in their eyes had always made the grown-ups smile at them. The children would beg for stories from Guizhong, who happily sat down in a plain with the most beautiful glaze lilies to tell them stories. While Guizhong told stories, the other parent-figure would make small flower crowns for the children to wear. Ganyu remembered a time where every Adepti children had met-up, per Guizhong's request to have a fun little party for all the younger immortals.

Who all died later in the future, leaving behind a selective few, but let's get back on topic. Ganyu smiled at the memory, thinking of the small meet-up party was like the present-day babysitting thing.

"Everyone! This is Alatus, [Random Name], and [Random Name]." Guizhong happily clapped her hands together as she introduced the three pre-teens. Well, one didn't look like a pre-teen in Ganyu's eyes, Xiao looked like he was around 8-years-old. That was the first time she saw Xiao.

The second time she saw Alatus was when it was many years or so later; the Archon War. She fought besides Rex Lapis, aiming her Cryo infused arrows at her enemies. She noticed the familiar dark hair with teal undertones and immediately recognized him—Alatus.

The male was wiping out enemies left and right with a spear, if Ganyu didn't know any better, she would've thought that Alatus' movements looked a bit more rushed than others. It looked as if he didn't want to be on the battlefield any longer.

Ganyu snapped out of those thoughts, going back to hitting her opponents from afar. When her heterochromia eyes peaked to see Alatus, he was gone.

The third time the half qilin met Alatus—rather, because of Rex Lapis—was when the Geo Archon took Alatus in and gave him a new name: Xiao. Although the small meeting was short and brief, Ganyu felt like she had known him for a while from the small sightings she saw of the Adeptus.

"Ganyu!" A woman with bright teal eyes and long salmon hair called out, waving her pale hand in front of Ganyu's face. Ganyu blinked, turning to look at Yanfei before apologizing.