29

––––– = The Past (Short Flashback)
[•••] = Pronoun

––––– = The Past (Short Flashback)[•••] = Pronoun

Aether took Paimon and left the Sanctuary when you had asked him to give the two of you privacy

Aether took Paimon and left the Sanctuary when you had asked him to give the two of you privacy. Aether replied back saying he was going to be getting ready and preparing resources for the future fight.

Nahida and you faced each other face to face, warm tea set on the table.

"Ilvonia hasn't declared war yet, but she already gave a warning to all the nations you were known to be close with."

"It'll only be a matter of time before she brings her small army here."

"I've sent letters to Morax, Barbatos and the Raiden Shogun. Hopefully they'll get here before that happens."

Nahida continued to have a small smile on her face. She gave off a calm feeling and spoke lightly as if reading out a bedtime story to a child.

"How do you plan to end this war, Lord of Stars?"

You felt like if you voiced out your not-even final thought to the God of Wisdom, you would feel like a child. This small child-like god is the embodiment of all wisdom and knowledge after all. The one connected to Irminsul, the tree connected to every memory and story of the world Teyvat.

".. I can't say it's a good plan." You sheepishly answered. Nahida only smiled in response.

You initially wanted to try to fight Ilvonia and her small army head-on with everyone. The idea of that was a bit childish now that you thought more about it. You wanted to run away, hide somewhere that Ilvonia wouldn't know and live your immortal life peacefully. Just like in your past life, Ilvonia will continue to follow you like an annoying insect.

You somewhat hoped that Nahida would have a better plan than your's.

"Ilvonia knows that the Lord of Stars is here." Nahida spoke. "She has been stalking you since you were born into this world."

You couldn't open your mouth. You didn't think that Nahida would have knowledge that far back to the 'beginning'. Then again, her consciousness is connected to that tree so you shouldn't be that surprised. Could you really feel surprised if Nahida even knew your past life?