=_=CHAPTER 4=_=

Melody must keep on acting for 2 days so that the shadow knight will not report anything weird towards the crown prince. She needs to avoid being discovered.

"So, how is she? Did she kill herself?" the crown prince asked while doing some paper works.

"No, your highness. It seems she was stuck in her room all day long. I heard from the gossip of the maids that she's not eating very well." his shadow knight said while kneeling in front of the crown prince. He has black hair with a blue scarf on his neck. His blue eyes only look at the floor, not daring to look up straight in the eyes to the crown prince.

"Well, watch out for her more. Don't let her starve to death," he ordered.

Even if he's a jerk-of-a-playboy, he felt that Lady Melody is really a good woman though she's easy to please, he still doesn't want to starve her.

'Women, fall in love so easily.' he whispered to himself before he continued his work.

"Yes, your highness, I'll do what you said." he quickly vanish in front of him.

"Stop hiding Ez,"

The white-haired man appeared from the dark.

"You can really spot me well," Ez said with a smile. 

"You are just too obvious and why are you eavesdropping again?" the prince asked, annoyed at his best friend who don't want to leave him alone.

"I just found an interesting woman. Since you already broke up with her, can I have her? Ah, no... Why am I even asking for your permission? Even if you want to be with her again, I won't give her to you." 

"You mean Lady Melody? Why are you so interested in her? And what do you mean by wanting her again? No way!"

Ez didn't answer and just smile while thinking of Melody.

After 2 days, when the shadow knight left Melody alone, she started acting herself not affected by their break up and you can see how excited she is. Ez saw that all. He remembers seeing her laughing with her maids and family. She's lucky that the shadow knight didn't see that scene and he's the one who saw that very scene. When he saw that, he can't help but laugh at the foolish crown prince. He let go of a very interesting gem.

Since he let go, I can have it. 

"She's a beauty, your highness. I think she's a hidden gem," he answered before he left the crown prince who is confused again but in the end, he didn't think much of it.

He doesn't really like Lady Melody and as far as he's been observing her, he can't see any interesting about Lady Melody.

Why is Ez insisting that she's interesting? Well, whatever.

***************************

After 2 days, I thought that the shadow knight won't observe me again. Why do I know that? Because the crown prince made that rule for his shadow knight and it was mention in the story when he was talking with the heroine.

After 2 days of observing his ex-girlfriends and he saw that they don't plan on killing themselves or going suicide, the shadow knight will not follow them anymore. For 2 days, I've been acting like a heartbroken doll but after that, I went back to my daily life.

What she doesn't know, Ez saw her changes which catches his interest more, and also the shadow knight is still following her tail to prevent her from starving.

Melody went out of her room and started interacting with her family like she always does. Of course, her family asked why she stayed in her room for 2 days and why she doesn't eat. She just made an excuse that she was just busy reading a book that she really likes. They didn't doubt her since Melody really likes staying home and staying in her room all day long especially if she's reading romantic books that she really likes. They got used to it.

"Melody, why don't you go out and walk in the garden? The kids have been waiting for your stories and song." her mother said while drinking tea.

"Oh, yes of course. I'm planning to go and play with them. I also want to see them."

"Can I come? Can I come?" my lil' brother asks while excitedly jumping.

I rubbed his hair while smiling sweetly. "Of course, of course, how can I forgot my cute lil' brother?" we both giggle.

"Melody, you know your little brother has lessons."

"Dad, you should let him rest. It's not like I always do this and I've been out for 2 days. I bet they miss my stories." I said to my father who sat on the sofa while reading some document papers.

"Alright, alright, do what you want but don't take too long. He still needs to attend his classes."

My little brother and I excitedly giggle when he agreed.

"Thank you, dad!" I kissed him on the cheek and my mom too before we left the living room. We run towards the garden.

At the back of the garden is a house where we keep kids and taking care of them. My family owns an orphanage and it was a very well-off place since my father really took care of them. We were happy taking care of them but some people wreck the orphanage, maybe because of jealousy. Of course, we put them in jail to those people who have a grudge against our family. 

Since the orphans don't have a home anymore, we took them to our mansion and let them stay here. After we are done building another orphanage, they can go back but for now, they don't have a home so they can stay here in the meantime.

"My lady, you're here!" one of our maids run towards me with a troubled expression.

"What happened?"

"My lady, Yan and Sam are fighting inside."

"Why are they fighting again?"

"Sam wants the toy that Yan has but Yan refuses since it's your gift from his birthday but Sam keeps trying to steal it away from him. In the process, Sam ripped the bear's hand. Yan was so angry and he also destroyed Sam's toys. After that, they started punching and kicking each other." While she's explaining, I can hear the kids' voices.

I quickly run and enter the small house. What I saw was a troublesome scene. Sam was on top of Yan while Yan is being pinned down on the floor. They are trying to punch each other, like what kids do.

I look around and saw other kids crying on the side.

I pinch my head before I walk near towards the two kids who are still shouting and punching each other. 

I sat beside them and said, "Will you stop fighting, or this older sister Melody will never come here and tell you a story?" when they heard me, they quickly look up and they look at me with wide eyes.

"Melody-nee-chan!" they both called me.

Sam quickly got off from Yan and he sat down on the floor. Yan also followed and sat beside Sam.

"*Sigh* I heard Jona(the maid), she told why you both fought again." then I smack their head but not too strong, it's enough for them to feel pain. "How many times do I have to tell you not to fight? You see, the other kids are scared and crying again and you also made a mess of the house? Are you going to make Jona clean again? And you know what, you made Jona cry again."

"I didn't cry, I was just scared." Jona quickly said, embarrassed.

"See how much Jona is scared?"

"No, I'm not that scared." Jona intruded on what I'm saying again.

"You close your mouth!"

"Oh, sorry." she scratches her neck while blushing.

"So, you two, are you going to apologize to each other or you can never eat my pizza again?" I threatened.

They quickly apologized to each other and then they hug each other, continuously saying sorry.

After that, they suddenly jump towards me and tightly hugged me.

"Melody-nee-chan, we're sorry. Don't be angry anymore, we will not fight again!" they apologize while crying loudly. I smiled while rubbing their backs.

"Promise?" I asked.

"Promise! Promise!" They both said at the same time.

After the fiasco, I started telling them a story.