Chapter 12

"Tumlog sambhal loge na agar mai abhi jao toh?" asked Shehnaaz looking at them with her pleading eyes.

"Ofcourse Sana don't worry yaar" Aayush assured.

"We're getting late sweetheart chal Jaldi" Sidharth called her out so that they can leave for the hospital.

They decided it would he better to meet the doctor personally rather than talking to her on the call. They reached the hospital in no time, made their way inside the doctor's cabin and were impatiently waiting for her to speak who was sitting right in front of them going through her grandmother's reports.

"Shehnaaz tumhare dadi ke surgery toh ache se ho gai hai, now it depends on how fast she recovers. If she recovers then well an good but if not then I'm sorry....." she spoke apologetically.

Sidharth held her hand when he noticed she was on the verge of crying.

"Don't get dishearten, everything will get fine, I too wish for her recovery..... I'll take a leave now" doctor spoke smiling weakly getting up from her place handling the reports to Sidharth.

"Thank you doctor" smiled slightly and pulled her hand a little, indicating her to stand up. She lifelessly stood up and followed him, he made her sit on the passanger seat and himself sat on the driver's seat.

"Shehnaaz baby look at me" he cupped her face and wiped her eyes which had started shedding tears.

"Kuch ny hoga dadi ko, are you listing? Unko kuch nahi hoga" he assured and she just nodded in response.

She had made sure never to show her weak side to anyone, never to cry in front of anyone but in front of him she always felt helpless and showed her vulnerable side to him.

Never even in her dream she would have thought to share such a bond with anyone but everything changed out of no where in this one month.

Sidharth had never felt this helpless before, he so wanted to pull away all her pain and fill her life with happiness. He had realized by this time that he had started liking her and at a good level, the way he felt for her was different, infact she was different, different from all the other girls he had came across in his past.

He'll try his best to keep this wonderful soul happy at least, he decided driving back home.

They entered the house only to find Neetu sitting with her mom while Ruhi was playing around with Coco. Shehnaaz immediately formed a fake smile not wanting to spoil anyone else's mood.

"Sana Aunty" squeaked little Ruhi when she noticed Sana and Sidharth entering.

She bunched the little one and squeezed her in her arms.

"Waah beta sabka sahi hai, Sana Aunty aur mama toh gayab he ho gai hai..... sahi hai mere liye toh sirf Coco hai.... hai na Coco?" He walked upto to Coco and before he could bend down to pet him Coco growled warning him to stay away.

Everyone in the room burst out laughing as he frowned.

"Mama Vo apko kaat lega ap rehne do" Ruhi giggled.

"Acha tujhe bada pata hai na" Sidharth took her from Shehnaaz and carried her in his arms.

By the time Shehnaaz was pulled by Neetu and Rita ji for some girly gossips. Sidharth went and changed while his phone was vibrating continuously with the messages. Of course it was Zoya who was in guilt since last night, Shehnaaz had decided to have a talk with him about this after they get some alone time. Post dinner Neetu left with Ruhi and everyone went to their respective rooms to sleep, Shehnaaz knew Sidharth won't sleep before having a few drags so she was already waiting for him by the window.