Chapter 22- Pressure

After Noah left, I call Sara to come over. Girl time is much needed. We spend the rest of the day, watching chick flicks, eating popcorn and discussing all types of things. As we are laying there watching another sappy movie, Sara sighs. She has been a little off today I can tell, but I have been waiting for her to be ready to talk.

" Okay, Sara, spill it, what's up?" I demand.

She looks at me warily. " Well, don't take this the wrong way, because I love you and this is going to come out like I'm jealous and that's not it." She pauses and I wait, nodding for her to go on. " I have just been thinking, your so torn between two guys who love you. Which eventually you will have to make a choice by the way" she elbows me gently at this point.
"and all I get is Tyson, how clearly only calls me when he wants to party or mess around. I just wish I had your problems."

I pause for a moment, fighting down the sting I feel at her words, but I understand she doesn't mean them in a hateful way. " Sara, trust me, you don't want this problem. But I understand what you mean, I think. You wish you had someone who wanted something more than Tyson is wanting to give right?"

She nods, dejectedly.

" Do you even like Tyson that much?" I ask.

She snorts " Not really, I mean he is hot and has a great body. He is even fun to party with, but he has no personality what so ever."

I laugh " Well, if you don't like him that much, then maybe free up some time to meet someone who you will like?"

She hesitates for a minute, not really looking at me. I pause, hoping I didn't offend her. She smiles quickly and says " Your right, of course. I'm just feeling sorry for myself today, that's all."

I feel like there is more she isn't saying, but I can tell she is done with the conversation, so I change the subject. " Want to come to work with me tomorrow? You can hang out at the lake while I do classes and lessons and we can go paddle board and swim in between? I usually have to work the shop in between, but since it reaching the end of summertime, we aren't nearly as busy. And we haven't spent nearly enough time together this summer."

She perks up " Yea, that be great, maybe I will even pay to take one of your yoga classes again."

I nod and we continue watching the movie.

......

The next day we take Sara's car to work and she hangs out around the lake while I do my first lesson of the day. We spend the day hanging out between lessons, tours and classes. She joins in on my last yoga class and during class I notice Noah and Asher arrive. I glance over at Sara then look over to the sandbar area, so she will notice them. Her eyes widen slightly and she rolls them dramatically. I hold back a snort and continue with teaching.

When class is over and I have finished closing everything up. Sara and I saunter over to where the guys are. As we walk up, Asher raises his hand in a wave at us, but his eyes never leave mine.

I look over at Noah and he smiles at me. " Hey Maine, Hey Sara!" He calls out. Sara and both return the greeting, it must be all the sun today, because Sara looks a little pink. The guys have two jet skis they have rented from the store and they ask us if we want to join them. After a pleading look from Sara, I can tell she does not want to ride with Asher, he probably makes her nervous and she doesn't know him that well, so we decide that I will ride on the back of Asher's jet ski and Sara will ride on the back of Noah's. It is probably for the best, Asher is polite to Sara, but distant, it is the way he is with everyone other than Noah and I from what I can tell.

As we climb on to the jet skis and head off, I feel the familiar rush I get anytime speed or excitement is involved. Looking over my shoulder, I laugh a little, seeing that we are going much faster than Noah and Sara. I tap Asher shoulder, pointing back, still giggling. He meets my eyes and looks back, the ever present smirk curling up one side of his mouth, he makes a quick u turn and circles back around, waiting for them to catch up. As we wait, he has one hand on the handlebar, the other casually resting on my thigh, rubbing it absently. Small electric jolts are sizzling down my leg, distracting me. I tense, involuntarily from the feeling. Looking down, he seems to realize what he is doing and slowly removes his hand, raising his eyes to look into mine the whole time. His eyebrow arches just as Noah and Sara catch up. Turning back around, he gasses it and I have cling to him tightly to avoid falling off. Ass! I think, irritated with him.