TWENTY

** Rehab**

You'd been away from Scarlett and Chris for a week now. After that night in the hospital you and Scarlett both agreed it would be easier if you said your goodbyes that night, but you didn't say goodbye to Chris. You loved the man so much but after what you said to him, you weren't sure he could forgive you. You didn't feel you deserved forgiveness. The programme wasn't that bad. The centre was lovely. You got 3 meals a day provided, comfy living space, all the essentials. You imagined it to feel like prison but surprisingly it didn't.

You had the option to have visitors and phone privileges but you decided against it. You couldn't face anyone. Not right now. Not after how you tried to hurt the people who cared for you... again. Not after everything you'd done. The last thing you wanted to do was face or speak to them. It was easier to focus on the task in hand and get help. Sure isolation wasn't great and you knew it was the best outcome. For everyone. Especially Chris. You hurt him real bad and it killed you everyday.

****

"Vee..? Vee? Are you even listening to me"

"Sorry what?" You dragged yourself away from your thoughts.

"Look Vee these therapy sessions are mandatory. I also think speaking about your past and your triggers would really help."

"I know sorry. It's just hard you know. Dragging up the past. It makes the urge for hit more."

"I know but talking about it may help. It allows us to explore the reasoning behind this. Allows us to help move forward and create coping strategies."

*sigh*

"Vee if you don't talk to me we can't discharge you in 2 weeks time. We need you to commit to helping yourself."

"Okay." You say looking down to your hands. Adjusting yourself on the couch. "Let's start from the beginning."

****

**Chris POV**

Since Vee left for rehab you cried everyday. Not being able to stop, you couldn't understand how things had gone this bad so quickly. She was fine. She was doing fine. No drugs in months. She seemed happy. We seemed happy. I thought I helped her. I really thought she was going to be okay. Why didn't I go with her that night. I should have insisted that I go with her for that drive. Maybe if I had she'd be here in my arms right now. Maybe we'd be together for real.

**The doorbell rings**

You ignore it.

**The doorbell rings again***

Again you ignore it.

*BANG BANG BANG*

Whoever is at the door isn't going to take no for an answer. You huff before getting off the couch and making your way down the hallway to the door. You open the door and to your surprise it's  Sebastian, worry plastered all over his face.

"Where is she?" He says barging past making his way down the hallway. "VEE!? Vee? Where are you?"

"She's not here Seb."

"What do you mean?"

"Exactly that. What do you want man?"

"I came to check on Vee. I heard what happened."

"Dude she's still in the hospital."

"BULLSHIT! I've been there and they have no record of her being there."